Cbeebies birthday card fail :(

(27 Posts)
AoifesmummyJo Sun 25-Sep-16 10:21:10

😀 Made DD a birthday card two months ahead of time.
😃 Carried it around in the car before finally remembering to post it with 6 weeks still to go.
😀 Checked air times on the website and made mental note to record (just in case).
😣 Mental note wiped from busy birthday brain, totally forgot and missed it.

I know this is NBD and a ridiculous first world problem but DD1 had her 3rd birthday card shown so was hoping to have the same for DD2 too! Any chance anyone out there might be reading this and have caught it by recording a programme before or after?! It was on yesterday 24th September between 6:45-7:15!!

Thanks and happy Sunday 😀

lostinabook Sun 25-Sep-16 10:25:29

I believe they do them on iplayer for catch up? Worth checking

AoifesmummyJo Sun 25-Sep-16 10:39:41

They aren't on Iplayer unfortunately. Only the programmes are but not the inbetweeny bits.

AoifesmummyJo Mon 26-Sep-16 07:10:30

Emailed the bbc and they've replied already! They say it's harder than you think to put them on iplayer and recommend I try again next year.

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 26-Sep-16 07:11:42

Was it Saturday morn or sun morn it was shown I'll have a look?

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 26-Sep-16 07:12:16

Might have recorded it with one the many series links

AoifesmummyJo Mon 26-Sep-16 15:10:50

Saturday morning. I'm still desperately hoping someone has it!

AoifesmummyJo Mon 26-Sep-16 15:16:30

If you could have a look I'd be really grateful. It is for Erin turning 3.

Clickclickclick Mon 26-Sep-16 15:21:23

What programmes were on either side of it? I have a few things on series link and we often get bits of birthday announcements

DramaInPyjamas Mon 26-Sep-16 15:26:10

Could you maybe ask the Cbeebie Twitter account to retweet your dilemma, maybe one of the other birthday children's parents recorded it and also follows them on Twitter?

Fleekorunique Mon 26-Sep-16 15:31:57

Hope you find it sad

AoifesmummyJo Mon 26-Sep-16 17:35:05

My frind who saw it says it was on sometime after 6:30am. The cbeebies website says birthday cards are on between 6:45-7:15. She had messaged my by 7 to say it had been on so looking at the schedule think it may have been around Mr Bloom, Raa Raa or Postman Pat on Saturday morning.

AoifesmummyJo Mon 26-Sep-16 17:37:33

I tried cbeebies on Twitter and they recommended the Facebook page and contacting the BBC directly. They said it happens fairly often!

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 26-Sep-16 19:23:53

Sorry op I've checked and not got any of those on series link sad

DramaInPyjamas Mon 26-Sep-16 19:38:10

You'd think if it happened fairly often they have a video section on the website or something so people could catch up

DramaInPyjamas Mon 26-Sep-16 19:40:18

I know it's not the same but could you not make another one the exact same and send it in againgrin or do they read out the date?

AoifesmummyJo Mon 26-Sep-16 22:23:11

Thanks for trying wishfulmakeupping

AoifesmummyJo Mon 26-Sep-16 22:26:36

I'm pretty sure they used to put them on iplayer every day so a shame they don't any more. I did think about just sending another card for another day! I'm just really cross at myself for missing it 😣

SansaClegane Mon 26-Sep-16 22:33:30

No advice, but it happened to me, too! Spent ages crafting a lovely card for DS2, sent it off months before, and then... Forgot to record the birthday times slots! I was gutted but thankfully DS didn't really notice. I tried to look at the bright side - we've had such a busy, fun birthday with him that we didn't even notice.
Also, thanks for the reminder... Must get DS3's card going! grin

Alibobbob Mon 26-Sep-16 22:35:07

Sometimes (when you have the opportunity to press the red button for games and stuff on cbbc) they show some of the birthdays on there.

It might be worth a look if you can find a way to access it X

AoifesmummyJo Wed 28-Sep-16 19:02:36

Thank you everyone. Think I'm going to make a card for DD1 for her birthday in December but have DD2 feature on it too! If that doesn't work I'll try again next year but set multiple reminders to programme the bloomin' telly box.

PoloZolo Wed 28-Sep-16 19:50:11

Someone recently had the same problem on here, have you checked YouTube as I'm sure it was mentioned that there is a person who records them most days then uploads them. Worth a try?

AoifesmummyJo Thu 29-Sep-16 13:56:23

They stopped putting them on the red button back in April for some reason.

I've looked on YouTube and no luck but will keep checking!

Alibobbob Sat 01-Oct-16 20:26:08

Oh I didn't know.... Sorry X

AoifesmummyJo Fri 07-Oct-16 18:19:46

Happy ending smile I emailed cbeebies directly and they've emailed me the clip. I can't believe it! Very happy Mummy and children 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now