Talk

Advanced search

Gossip Girl

(12 Posts)
RooDaisy Fri 23-Sep-16 09:52:57

I'm very new to the Gossip Girl party.
I'm on series 5 and started watching about 10 days ago. I love it!!

Chuck and Blair are breaking my heart. Why can they never ever get it together? He was a douche in the beginning but he's come such a long way and I really like him now.
I don't think I've ever wanted a couple to get together as much as I do these 2!!

No spoilers please, it's taking all my willpower not to google what happens.

Dontneedausername Fri 23-Sep-16 10:26:44

I love gossip girl!
Chuck Bass is my secret crush!

KARMAisaBtch Fri 23-Sep-16 10:34:29

xoxo gossip girl!!

Finished all episodes smile

gossipgirlxoxo Fri 23-Sep-16 10:37:27

I watched the whole series while my youngest was a new baby, it's amazing! Hence my inspired username grin

Dontneedausername Fri 23-Sep-16 10:38:19

I think I'll re-watch when I finish private practice xoxo

EttaJ Fri 23-Sep-16 10:40:22

I loved it too even though I'm far too old really! Ooh makes me want to watch it all over again.

dontneed he's rather gorgeous as Chuck Bass isn't he but I don't feel that way about him as himself so it's definitely the character. I was surprised to learn he's British.

Dontneedausername Fri 23-Sep-16 10:44:57

Yip, it's definitely Chuck Bass I want blush

RooDaisy Fri 23-Sep-16 11:00:45

I've also got a girl crush on Blake Lively

KARMAisaBtch Fri 23-Sep-16 14:07:14

I like their outfits tbh, fashionable!!

I like Serena's bedroom design too! smile

NuggetofPurestGreen Fri 23-Sep-16 14:11:47

I got bored with it around season 3 but loved first two seasons. It all got a bit ridiculous later on. I did watch the last episode though! (No spoilers)

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Fri 23-Sep-16 14:20:08

I watched all of it. I am conflicted about Chuck and Blair. The teenage girl inside me loves the drama and romance of it all (I have always had a thing for bad boys, plus Ed Westwick is gorgeous), but the feminist woman part of me thinks that it is a horrendously dysfunctional and abusive relationship and she should stay well away!

paperdreams16 Fri 23-Sep-16 14:45:38

I finally managed to get to the end of GG this year! Have watched seasons 1-3 over and over but struggled through the last three, as mentioned it upthread it all started to get a bit silly.

I used to adore Chuck & Blair and was really rooting for them, but my most recent rewatch made me realise that he is actually pretty abusive - I mean, he forced himself on Serena and Jenny in the first episode alone, not to mention the time he tried to sell Blair for a hotel.

Now Nate and Serena as a couple, I could talk about them for days. They were much better suited than Serena and Dan ever were, imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now