Which Tv/broadband/telephone provider are you with and how much do you pay???

(7 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Sun 14-Aug-16 23:49:47

I am with virgin and previously had a good deal paying £60 per month for the xtra large package, broadband and phone. Anyway they recently rang us and Dh was offered a 3 month trial for the movie channel for an extra £6.00 per month no obligation etc and could cancel anytime. We decided after a month we weren't actually watching the movies so wasn't even worth the £6.00 so decided to cancel and go back to our normal package only they said no and that it was no longer valid and We had to now pay the normall price of £70 odd a month. Dh is fuming at their customer service and wants to leave out of principle etc. He has been looking at BT but I'm not too keen as I don't know anyone who is with them. Has anyone got any good deals or is with BT??

RedMapleLeaf Mon 15-Aug-16 08:53:20

This won't be much use to you, but for comparison's sake I pay £37 per month for 70GB and free local calls evening and weekends with KC. I think another £7 takes that up to 700GB, as I was looking at the next package up last night.

Do many people use their landlines nowadays?

Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 15-Aug-16 09:43:24

How about your tv?

RedMapleLeaf Mon 15-Aug-16 11:03:49

What do you mean? I pay tv licence.

HarryPottersMagicWand Wed 17-Aug-16 21:05:41

I'm with Talk Talk. Have unlimted fibre broadband, landline with inclusive calls all day every day and a YouViee + box which has basic free view channels plus 7 Sky channels and some HD channels. We pay £48 a month and I'll be leaving as it jumped up from £33 after 1 year but we had an 18 month contract.

I'll be looking at Sky. I think Virgin Media are quite poor value for.money and pretty expensive. I don't think much of their customer service either after being with them.before.

SheHasAWildHeart Thu 18-Aug-16 10:31:39

All I have is broadband - and since I've been with Virgin the price has steadily been increasing. I pay £30 just for broadband - no line rental (cos its fibre optic), no telephone, no TV channels, no movie subscriptions - and that's after a £7 per month loyalty discount. I'm off to join Now TV.

Ellieboolou27 Sun 21-Aug-16 20:28:40

Virgin (which are shit) £50 pcm for (shit tv) broadband and I think line rental too, we get Netflix now which is good £5.99 pcm and mostly watch that. I think all the big companies are overpriced (sorry not much help)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now