Talk

Advanced search

Don't Tell the Bride

(13 Posts)
Alohamora Tue 09-Aug-16 16:33:17

I'm just catching up on last weeks DTTB and wondered if any of the brides have ever refused to go ahead?

I know they have a contract but do they have to go ahead regardless of how awful it all is?

Queenbean Tue 09-Aug-16 16:35:04

My friend went on it. She said that they were deadly serious about the "no contact" thing - you have to pay back all th money if you speak to each other

A woman nearly didn't go ahead with it - h was called Simon / Kayliegh one and it was shot in Vegas

They've since divorced!

LIZS Tue 09-Aug-16 16:38:13

Was that the one where he went over budget and could n't afford to fly her family out?

Queenbean Tue 09-Aug-16 16:47:16

Yes! She was all "my family is so important to me" so he said "let's have a wedding where I can only afford to invite 5 people"

Alohamora Tue 09-Aug-16 16:57:25

So basically it's go ahead or give us the money back?

No wonder so many seem to get trough the day with gritted teeth!

I remember the Vegas one, I watched with this face -> shock.

Alohamora Tue 09-Aug-16 17:20:47

Just thought of another question!

Why do the photos at the end make it look as though the register is signed at a later date? Any wedding I've been to it is signed during the ceremony.

LIZS Tue 09-Aug-16 17:26:14

I suspect most of them are just a glorified party and ritual for the cameras rather than the legal ceremony. Time is too short for Banns , licences or regular registry office protocol.

Alohamora Tue 09-Aug-16 17:37:30

LIZS that's probably it! Also wondered if it was because some of the venues probably aren't official wedding venues.

I couldn't do it that's for sure!

Alisvolatpropiis Tue 09-Aug-16 17:38:27

I would love to know how many of them divorced!

SheHasAWildHeart Thu 11-Aug-16 10:22:28

Do any of you watch 'Say Yes to the Dress' - it's American and there's a British version coming out soon. But it's in a huge fancy bridal shop where brides try on 3/4 dresses with their family until they find the right one for them. As it's American they have a cheesy voiceover "Now Jayne truly understands who she is, she can find the dress that is her." They all act as though finding a wedding dress is some kind of spiritual journey that involves getting to know who you truly are. Most of the brides are stunningly beautiful with fantastic figures - and the dresses are amazing. But seeing the reactions of family is so funny. The bride yesterday wanted something sophisticated and her mum was insistent that she has a girl princess dress with a gigantic bow on it. It's so much better than I'm making it sound - so would really recommend giving it a watch.

Redglitter Thu 11-Aug-16 10:27:16

I've never got into the original SYTTD but I LOVE the Atlanta one they're absolutely hilarious

raisedbyguineapigs Thu 11-Aug-16 10:34:26

I recommend marrying mum and dad on cbbc. Its the only wedding programme Ive cried at! The weddings are always really original and fun, and most of all, planned with love smile I keep asking what wedding my dc's would plan if we weren't married I want to go on it

Alohamora Thu 11-Aug-16 20:36:47

I LOVE SYTTD and watch Something Borrowed Something New too.

SYTTD Bridesmaids is jaw dropping for all the divas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now