Talk

Advanced search

Swagger Inn thread 134 - the one where the wenches recover from too much FAFness from Musketeers

(1000 Posts)
SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sat 09-Jul-16 23:26:20

<flails>
<goes for little lie-down>
<waves in a welcoming way at any lurkers>

Welcome to Thread 134 of rampant Muskeperving over plot appreciation of BBCMusketeers and their FAF actors.

We're in recovery from Episode six Sex still, so help yourselves to a drink from the bar, apart from the pre-poured whiskies. They're for VIPs. Obvs - if you're a VIP, help yourself grin

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sat 09-Jul-16 23:33:32

I should point out that, to preserve privacy and embarrasment, wenches have been photoshopped out of this one
<-- but well done wenches - they look like they're having a fine time....

(Adds more Athos for good measure)
<thud>

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Sat 09-Jul-16 23:51:43

wine

TheDancingPriest Sat 09-Jul-16 23:56:38

I have been lurking for a couple of threads, only discovered all you wenches this series. wink Episode sex was fantastic, will have to rewatch in the name of research at some point this week. grin
A relief that the BBC have decided to show it at the same time next week, no worries from me about missing it for once!

FancyFancy Sun 10-Jul-16 00:18:03

<pauses ep on FAF Aramis>

Fab new thread helen, thanks

priest, welcome grin, all those who appreciate the hotness of gorgeous beady men in leather are welcome here. Please stay for a drink & state your boffing order - it's traditional

<presses play>

FancyFancy Sun 10-Jul-16 00:19:27

Trev is so enjoying himself

FancyFancy Sun 10-Jul-16 00:21:28

I am not enjoying Athos's tiny ponytail though grin

JaneElk Sun 10-Jul-16 00:21:59

<passes post-coital bong to Dancer>

Welcome, welcome....if you could just fill in these forms to formally state your boffing order, and remember to not uncheck the box if you wish to not be included on the mailing list. Reading the small print is advisory if you're coming out as Team Athos, and bear in mind we're all a bit handsy in here <snogs>

FancyFancy Sun 10-Jul-16 00:24:04

Is Marcheaux going to blub over his boyfriend?

FancyFancy Sun 10-Jul-16 00:26:13

Aramis in that white shirt <fans self> He's much less clothed this series <approves>

FancyFancy Sun 10-Jul-16 00:28:57

Squeeee @ Queenie & Aramis

FancyFancy Sun 10-Jul-16 00:34:22

Ho hey!!!

Well that was fucking fabulous grin, totally brill all round. Thought everyone was marvellous, excellent cranking up of the intrigue & FAFness in every scene. I will go to bed happy tonight grin

Off to catch up on thread & see what everyone else thought....

FancyFancy Sun 10-Jul-16 00:44:18

Excellent pissed posting from comtess last night grin & dedication from elk to BabyElk

Hope letus is feeling better now

Thanks for fillling in for me helen - should I be suspicious that the one week I miss doing a live commentary, you all turn up? <gets paranoid>
<wails> Everyone hates me <sobs>

Fuckers.

FancyFancy Sun 10-Jul-16 01:00:37

<snorts> @ Grimaud's warehouse living grin

Shame about no more RE, he was an excellent baddie, but it was unexpected & shakes things up a bit.

Can't believe you're all getting hot & bothered over Athos's puny little ponytail, really? REALLY? <shakes head in disbelief>

<waves to smut> see you next week

ariadne - lovely to have you back. Grimaud is no. 4 on my boffing list, to answer your question on who else is interested

Agree with madame that Aramis was FAF in all his scenes tonight, just knicker-droppingly gorgeous

ww - I was about to slap you for your insulting Aramis comment, but that is nothing compared to your later choice of vocab <looks stern>. Panties? Panties?????? There is no excuse, NO EXCUSE, for using that word. Ever. I am traumatised

FancyFancy Sun 10-Jul-16 01:10:40

No probs comtess grin, no harm done grin & good luck with your run

Try asking MrHelen whether he thinks Eddy Merckx had a point or was being a petulant twat about Cav helen. Or wait for a mountain descent & comment on how good Nibbles Nibali is at going downhill

Lyndie Sun 10-Jul-16 02:00:11

Evening/morning wenches. Just popping in from forrin parts having just streamed episode from DH's work VPN and watched on a laptop. And I wasn't disappointed!! And today is a very special wenchiversary so wineto you all, ILY. Particularly loving the amount of billowy shirt action. Gutted there's only four more episodes to go.

Badders123 Sun 10-Jul-16 07:22:28

Well
I enjoyed that IMMENSELY
grin
Shocked about RE though...why get rid of the best actor in it????
They are doing a GofT!!

AriadneNoir Sun 10-Jul-16 08:54:41

Ah found this thread smile after stumbling back in at the end of last thread.

<Wakes up in hayloft smothered in Grimaud- but someone appears to have stollen Athos. Helen?? >

Am in need more sleep. Or maybe a strong tea.

That was Fantastic episode last night much FAF all round. And I'm really loving Ryan this year - suburb acting from him. X

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sun 10-Jul-16 09:12:10

Moooooooooooooooooorniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig.

I need a rewatch. Phwoar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never thought I'd say it, but roll on monday - when I can stick that episode on loop in the background to work. I may need to djust my timesheet of coursse... hmm grin

Hello Priest welcome to the madhouse. please state your team grin

My brain is still meltedfrom the FAF grin thanks for the cycling tips though Fancy

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sun 10-Jul-16 09:18:21

Oh - morning Ariadne - soz - but you seemed very, er... busy with Grimaud and it seemed a shame to leave Athos kicking his heels like that wink grin

AriadneNoir Sun 10-Jul-16 09:18:33

Hello Dancer welcome to the Tav... I've just arrived back after leave of absence to do with real life!!

Do try the cocktails... I think Jizzy Athos and Dolokhov Cocktail are my faves.

And yes boffing order - mine starts and ends in Athos - with some Grimaud thrown in and maybe Ryan (rather than Louis) for good measure.

My take on series so far - started shaky - has got much better. Last nights episode ranks as one of the best of all 3 series. ♥️

MadamedeChevreuse Sun 10-Jul-16 09:20:22

Excellent rewatch fancy! grin

apes thank you thank you for the absolutely lovely aramis gif on the last thread. flowers He really is such an incredibly beautiful man...

Welcome dancingpriest hope you stay a while now you've found us. Do you like Father Ted? That is another Tav favourite... <hums "My Lovely Horse">

Oooh is this the day we went to Prague, or is it another anniversary you mean lyndie?

AriadneNoir Sun 10-Jul-16 09:23:10

Morning Helen - surprised he was still awake.... I'd been very .. Er busy with him before! wink

I may have sneaked him into dungeon for the 50 shades of Athos game he seemed to want to play.... But WTF has been going on down there?? And has the Cardinal escaped??

LetUsPrey Sun 10-Jul-16 09:23:42

Morning wenches. Haven't read obviously ☺️

Am hoping to watch this morning but will be interrupted by taking DS1 to sportingactivity but will be straight back to finish The Musketeers off <ylt>

MadamedeChevreuse Sun 10-Jul-16 09:25:27

Yy ariadders Ryan is absolutely excellent, just gets better and better. and is strangely quite FAF this series

badders yy big shame about Feron but it was brave and bold to pull a GoT style surprise on us...think it worked really well and I liked the way his character got redeemed. And he'll have a lovely mausoleum next to his dad now, so that's nice for him. grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.