Talk

Advanced search

women who kill lions

(16 Posts)
NeedACleverNN Wed 29-Jun-16 21:58:15

Did any one watch this? On channel 4? So can watch again at 10if needed.

It has made an.......interesting watch

I still don't agree with hunting trips in general especially ones like lions and elephants but it has given me a new perspective

StuffandBother Wed 29-Jun-16 22:02:47

I only saw the last 20minutes ... I just thought both the women I saw were twats! Sorry to not be more wordy but I cba giving them headspace - they'll be on celebrity BB next confused

NeedACleverNN Wed 29-Jun-16 22:04:52

I actually felt sorry for Rebecca. She honestly thought she was doing conservation work by preserving the species. Is she deluded by that? Perhaps. Or maybe she has a point I don't know.

Jacine on the other hand just seemed to appear to like the thrill of the hunt. She wants to kill what she can. That I felt was slightly shocking

StuffandBother Wed 29-Jun-16 22:07:55

Which was the one indoctrinating her son into it?

NeedACleverNN Wed 29-Jun-16 22:10:58

That was Jacine

Rebecca was the one with the husband and two? Children

nooofthenoodle Wed 29-Jun-16 22:16:18

I'm 10 minutes it. Can't see it giving me a new perspective to be honest. I can understand hunting to eat but hunting so you can fill your home with dead animals. I don't get it. Some of the animals are beautiful but are much more beautiful in their natural wild habitat where they should be left in peace and for other people to enjoy too.
It just seems perverse to me to want to hunt and kill animals for fun.

NeedACleverNN Wed 29-Jun-16 22:19:29

Just be patient and watch the whole show with open ears.

Most of those animals are beautiful. That bear was gorgeous and it is sad that it's stuffed in someone's trophy room. But there he is.

The one comment Jacine said that did annoy me is she wants to shoot a rhino and an elephant. She has to do a green hunt with the rhino (shot with an anaesthetic dart). This could be a good idea. Gives the vets a chance to check the animal over. When her friend said will you do a green hunt on the elephant she said she can but she really wants to kill an elephant. That made me a bit cross and upset really.

nooofthenoodle Wed 29-Jun-16 22:23:09

It's not normal or acceptable to be cruel to or kill animals in the civilised society I live in. I'm watching it but can't see that view point changing.
She shouldn't be eating lion meat. Maybe she'll get cjd.

NeedACleverNN Wed 29-Jun-16 22:28:03

Cjd?

To us no it isn't normal but among the hunter community it is. They do have a respect for guns and what they do. They pride thenselves on a painless death.

It may sound like I'm actually backing them up but I'm not. I'm just repeating what they have said

cricketqueen Wed 29-Jun-16 22:28:15

I have studied conservation and although hunting is an important tool to control out of control species. The crap they were spouting is not true. Both elephants and lions are classified as vunerable but seemingly we are still allowed to shoot them for 'sport'. They think they are helping the local communities but that is just not true, they are just lining a few mens pockets and encouraging the bush meat trade. Also by saying that the giraffe would be wasted if it was eaten by scavengers shows a complete lack of understanding in the natural world. Anyway I am off to calm down.

NeedACleverNN Wed 29-Jun-16 22:32:12

Yes the scavenger part annoyed me too.

They are scavengers for a reason. They have evolved to eat the carrion. By killing the animal and taking it away you are taking away their food source

nooofthenoodle Wed 29-Jun-16 22:36:46

Cjd /bse mad cow disease. Caused by eating meat from carnivorous animals.
I can't help psychoanalysing jacine. I'm going for daddy issues, left behind for the hunts when she was young and now seeking his approval in an extreme way, trying to gain power by killing powerful creatures. She obviously craves attention of any kind including awful vitriol or why put photos of her sport all over social media knowing that's the reaction she's going to get?

MrsHardy1 Thu 30-Jun-16 17:46:10

I didn't see it from a new perspective. They are NOT conservationists, if they were they'd do what they do with a heavy heart. They do it for the 'excitement'.

I got the rage when tranquilizing an elephant wasn't good enough, it had to be killed. Vile people. I wondered if the camera man purposely made noise when she was trying shooting the Dalmatian sheep?

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe Thu 30-Jun-16 17:55:09

Agree with MrsH. They were in it for the thrill of it. Whatever thrill there is from killing an animal I can't remotely imagine but they were almost intoxicated by the prospect.

Then taking grinning photos next to the carcas and stuffing the animal and putting it on display to gloat over as a trophy..?hmm I think 'conservation' is the last thing on the agenda. They were nauseating.

samsam123 Sun 03-Jul-16 20:52:15

not acceptable in any way . better for them to hunt each other if they want a thrill.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 13-Jul-16 10:22:48

I'm just catching this up on this now - dear God, how is this not banned? It's horrifying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now