Talk

Advanced search

The Ellen show

(8 Posts)
Sparklemummyx0x0x Tue 28-Jun-16 19:14:03

Does anyone watch this on itv2?
I do like watching it but it annoys me that half the programme is missed or cut off at certain points.
Also sometimes the audience are so over the top excited, it drives me crazy.
Also predictable. Each time she does a game/quiz for a 'random' audience members, one of them wins a prize but both the contestants always win the prize. They both act so surprised despite this being a standard thing every show. Even I've noticed this after a few months watching, these fans should know this too. They can't be that stupid really!

Vixxfacee Tue 28-Jun-16 22:03:19

I have watched this for the last week or so. All she does it talk about finding dory.
The people trying to win prizes are so excited and scream when it is a cinema ticket. I think Ellen quite cold.

Linnet Tue 28-Jun-16 22:14:01

Dd1 and I watch the Ellen Show. It gets on our nerves how they all jump up and down and scream if they are called out of the audience. We usually hit mute at that point until they've calmed down a bit. I want to know what these women eat and drink to have so much energy that they can jump up and down like that.

It also annoys us how the guest comes on, sits down, talks for 5 minutes about the funny thing their baby did this morning, then they go to adverts and you never seem to see the actual interview with the celebrity. they're always cutting bits so it doesn't always make sense.

But we do love the show, the memes, the games,why I don't have kids segment. I love how they give people cars and schools money. just wish they wouldn't all scream so much.

Sparklemummyx0x0x Wed 29-Jun-16 16:09:44

Yep they are very over the top with the screaming.
I like the fact that she gives away loads of money or gifts to those in need. But again they act surprised when they are sat in the sofa and discuss their troubles and I think 'oh here comes $10.000 from shutter fly' and there it is. Surely they have an idea they will get something. After all these people are superfans.

Love the funny items at the start she does and that she has people on she's seen on YouTube or have gone viral. she is funny and very relaxing to watch, just a shame half of it is missed.

LizzieMacQueen Wed 29-Jun-16 16:57:52

I remember watching her years ago but I can't recall how exactly she started off, was she an actress? comedian?

(I could google I suppose)

Andylion Wed 29-Jun-16 17:12:50

Lizzie, she was a stand-up comedian, then she got her own sitcom on which her character came out. The show was cancelled due to poor ratings. I stuck with it because I liked her, (her humour was never mean-spirited), but the show was simply not as funny in the last season.

ALemonyPea Wed 29-Jun-16 17:16:43

I like it, but cringe when she dances at the start.

desperatehousewife21 Wed 29-Jun-16 18:42:36

I love it! The screamy jumpy people are ridiculous and did anyone see those twins she sort of chose to go on a road trip or something they were CRAZY!!!

I love her segments esp the memes and also love Twitch he's hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now