The best fortnight of the year - WIMBLEDON 2016.

(1002 Posts)
magimedi Sun 26-Jun-16 14:07:32

Starts tomorrow.

Anyone else excited?

Oder of play is here

tennis tennis tennis

Raahh Sun 26-Jun-16 14:32:59

I am trying to get excited- but the referendum ,angry and Rafa not playing doesn't help.sad

Del Potro is playing though!(unless that has changed last minute)
This might get me in the mood.

Players, ready...

DramaAlpaca Sun 26-Jun-16 14:53:23

Marking place. Thanks for new thread magi.

Can't wait for tomorrow, bring it on!

tennis

CremeEggThief Sun 26-Jun-16 14:57:41

Yep, me too. I don't think it will be as good as usual, with Djokovic in such domineering former, Roger not fully fit and no Rafael, but nothing stops me from enjoying Wimbledon fortnight. It's the only thing guaranteed to take my mind off the anger, sadness and bitter I feel as a result of the referendum result.

magimedi Sun 26-Jun-16 15:15:24

I feel exactly the same as you, CremeEgg. Just happy I've got the tennis to take my mind off the wretched result.

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sun 26-Jun-16 15:16:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 26-Jun-16 18:27:26

Helloooooooo.

Hopefully the tennis will take our minds off it all.

RaeSkywalker Sun 26-Jun-16 18:30:19

Yes! Something to take my mind off the Referendum and HG.

DH hates tennis, oh dear 🎾🎾🎾

Mama1980 Sun 26-Jun-16 18:31:16

smile hi all, hope everyone's good? I'm going to miss the whole day's play tomorrow, typical.
Agree it's not quite the same without Rafa but heres to some of the new guys theim/zverev etc hopefully doing well.

Mirandawest Sun 26-Jun-16 18:33:00

I do like Wimbledon smile

Mama1980 Sun 26-Jun-16 19:15:58

smile hi all, hope everyone's good? I'm going to miss the whole day's play tomorrow, typical.
Agree it's not quite the same without Rafa but heres to some of the new guys theim/zverev etc hopefully doing well.

shitwithsugaron Sun 26-Jun-16 19:22:34

Oooh yes, I've got 2 weeks left of maternity leave what a wonderful coincidence...or wonderful planning haha. Hoping DD is into it as much as me cos I love it and would love the chance to go to Wimbledon, doubt we could ever afford it but one can dream...

GrouchyKiwi Sun 26-Jun-16 19:49:52

Thanks, Magi.

I think it's really great that the world number 775 has qualified for Wimbledon! Wonder if he'll win his first match.

Two weeks of lovely grass tennis. I am delighted.

HelsBels3000 Sun 26-Jun-16 20:00:15

yay!

threebats Sun 26-Jun-16 20:15:09

The sane corner - the tennis thread... How lovely. I can't cope with the hysteria of all other things, having just sat constitutional law exams, what I read makes me want to slap the living shit out of some people... So, here you all are, as lovely as usual. I stalked you all on the other one (its fine, no restraining order as yet) as I was not up for chat much, knackered after the end of Uni and watched but fell asleep mostly through the French. But am so happy Wimbles begins tomorrow - I will arse on chair at 3pm, and hope to feel up to a chat about it all as we go along... Thank God for tennis

AmIthatbloodycold Sun 26-Jun-16 20:15:14

Thanks Magi. Been feeling really low the past few days so hopefully the next two weeks will help

Starting to get excited. The Wimbledon app is very good

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 26-Jun-16 21:39:18

That's excellent timing shitwithsugaron.

Bit unfortunate for James Ward to draw Fed in the 1st round.

PunkrockerGirl Sun 26-Jun-16 21:42:09

So excited!! smile

magimedi Sun 26-Jun-16 21:54:16

Cough... hmm, James Ward had drawn Djok in the first round..............

(Not much difference for JW)

I would love Murray to win but am in camp ABD (Anyone But Djokovitch)

And in the womens' draw I'd love to see Mugarutha (sp?) get it!

I said to DH just now that it's like Christmas Eve for me - only it's not the night before one day but 14 days!

BRING IT ON!!

tennis

Mirandawest Sun 26-Jun-16 22:19:00

I'm very glad Wimbledon is a week later as it means I'm further through my marking and can pay more attention to tennis smile

Ilovewillow Sun 26-Jun-16 22:20:29

Can't wait definitely best two weeks of the yr!

DramaAlpaca Sun 26-Jun-16 22:40:07

I'm with magi.

I want Murray to win, but other than that I'm ABD (Anyone But Djok).

In the women's draw I'd love to see Garbine Mugurutha win this time. I'm in the ABS camp there - Anyone But Serena.

The only downside is that I have to work, so won't see as much as I'd like. I'll be able to keep an eye on the scores though, and I'll be relying on you lovely lot for the tennis gossip & chat.

Can't wait until tomorrow smile

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 26-Jun-16 22:40:34

How did I mistype that? confused I was looking at the order of play as I typed it.

Good job I didn't say I'd be quite pleased if he won.

Raahh Sun 26-Jun-16 22:57:28

Murray has a pretty cushy draw. fix grin

I really feel this year is very transition-y. I think Djok will win it. I really don't think anyone else is consistent enough. He hasn't had a tournament on grass, but then he never does. He is in that place that Fed was at his height.

I'm absolutely not a Djok fan or a Murray fan though. I'm ABDOMgrin

Would LOVE someone totally random to win. But I said that about RGsad

will be willing on Thiem/Zverev, and Goffin/Raonic are doing well.

I've had an odd week, it ended badly, and I hope Wimbledon will stop me wandering about muttering angrily under my breathegrinOr ranting whilst walking the dog.(Sorry Ike).

Muguruza to take the women's crown would be fantastic.

tennis

Bring on the next two weeks! and let's hope the rain stays away.

hugoagogo Mon 27-Jun-16 04:39:51

Two weeks of lovely tennis, I get more obsessed as time goes byshockblushgrintennis

This thread is not accepting new messages.