Talk

Advanced search

Celebrity Masterchef bring your fruit based salads and comfit egg yolks this way

(973 Posts)
fourquenelles Wed 22-Jun-16 10:15:19

Thought I'd open up in anticipation as I have Fat Club tonight so may miss the very start.

I was going to suggest a drinking game. Take a swig every time Greg(g) gurns to camera but we would all be pissed in the first 3 minutes.

SmellTheGlove Wed 22-Jun-16 10:22:53

Confit duck leg! (Drink!) Samphire! (drink!) Deconstructed apple crumble! (Drink!) Heritage carrots with the stubby ends left on! (Drink!)Cooking the fish sous vide even though it ruins the texture! (Drink!) Bloody hell we're going to be hammered..

fourquenelles Wed 22-Jun-16 10:32:56

Glove stocking up the booze globe (I am so chichi) now!

Mirandawest Wed 22-Jun-16 10:34:28

Which celebrities are in it?

fourquenelles Wed 22-Jun-16 10:43:18

www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/celebrity-masterchef-2016-the-full-line-up-revealed/

Torygraph linkie

fourquenelles Wed 22-Jun-16 10:45:25

RickEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Sid Owen looking quite yum in his PR photo.

fourquenelles Wed 22-Jun-16 10:46:21

Greg(g) lookie likie David Harper. I may get confused.

TheSpottedZebra Wed 22-Jun-16 10:47:32

Sid Owen? He used to own a restaurant in France, didn't he? Surely that disqualifies him, a bit?

WholeAgain Wed 22-Jun-16 10:50:24

Sinitta. Noooooooooo!

Love Masterchef though.

fourquenelles Wed 22-Jun-16 10:50:40

You are right Zebra I have just googled "EastEnders star Sid Owen has retired from acting and moved to France to run his ­restaurant business." Maybe he is front of house rather than in he kitchen? Interesting.........

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 22-Jun-16 10:52:22

a good swig when some actress type claims "oh yah...my parents are chefs who have run all the restaurants in our town since they were 14 years old..." but clearly has nfi which way round to hold a sharp knife.

and a top up when the self proclaimed foodie celeb cannot identify salmon, or basil.

fourquenelles Wed 22-Jun-16 12:53:23

I am getting over excited Tonde I may have to draw up a spreadsheet.

squoosh Wed 22-Jun-16 13:12:26

Well hello there my fellow Mastercheffians, my comrades in arms against Gregg bloody Wallace.!

fourquenelles Wed 22-Jun-16 13:55:30

slaps squoosh heartily on the back and passes her a taster dish of strawberries liberally scattered on green leaves topped with confit egg yolk and flaked salmon (or is that basil?) and cracked black pepper. Enjoy!

chilledmonday Wed 22-Jun-16 13:59:30

Yay!!! Celebrity Masterchef is my absolute fave. Mmmmm Gleb wink

squoosh Wed 22-Jun-16 14:13:54

Yum. Looks delicious four

<bribes cat to eat it>

squoosh Wed 22-Jun-16 14:24:11

My Z lister knowledge is generally pretty good but I haven't heard of half of that lot!

Look forward to seeing Rev Richard Coles though.

squoosh Wed 22-Jun-16 14:26:50

Sid Owen? He used to own a restaurant in France, didn't he? Surely that disqualifies him, a bit?

Top Z list knowledge. I salute you.

OhNoNotMyBaby Wed 22-Jun-16 14:30:58

Oh fab! Tommy Cannon! love him. David Harper will be good value too and Louise Minchin will be super-organised and healthy.

Love love love watching this.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 22-Jun-16 15:16:30

I love the the Rev!! and I thought I had heard one of the bbc breakfast team was in in..Louise Minchin? Blonde bob woman.... but so far I have not recognised a single face in the trailers.

ellenanora5 Wed 22-Jun-16 15:45:11

Whattttt!!!!! runs in wiping sweat from brow, how did I not see this until nowgrin

Hello everyone, no scabby eyes this time around smile all fit and healthy and ready to chuck things at Gregg.

I'm looking forward to this, so sick of bloody football interfering with my telly viewing.

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 22-Jun-16 15:50:18

Looking forward to this !

Archedbrowse Wed 22-Jun-16 15:54:17

Pulls up chair. What nibbles do I need to get in to watch with? Must eat when watching MC.

ellenanora5 Wed 22-Jun-16 15:56:44

Arched I'm going for maltesers, biscuits, crisps and beer grin

Germgirl Wed 22-Jun-16 16:06:41

Ooh! Can I join? Gregg calls 'chocolate' "Choklit" (Drink!), Gregg leers suggestively at a lady young enough to be his daughter (Drink!), Gregg holds his spoon like a toddler (Drink!)
You're all going to be hammered 15 mins in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now