Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone watch Mr and Mrs The Mediators on BBC2?

(44 Posts)
EverySongbirdSays Tue 21-Jun-16 23:48:44

JUST FUCK OFF BERNARD WHAT'S IT GOT TO DO WITH YOU?

(If you've watched it you know what I mean!) grin

cheerfullady Tue 21-Jun-16 23:56:21

Watching it now. Absolutely!

Couchpotato3 Wed 22-Jun-16 00:04:44

Sue does not appear to have a brain of her own.

stareatthetvscreen Wed 22-Jun-16 00:46:08

blimey they were odd

Slutbucket Wed 22-Jun-16 00:53:20

Did they manage to sort anybody out?

Tartyflette Wed 22-Jun-16 01:08:17

Some very controlling people on it, I thought.....

DarkDarkNight Wed 22-Jun-16 09:18:28

With the accountant I assumed he just didn't want to give her anything until I got the backstory. She wanted half of everything when she'd already moved on to a richer man, and she didn't seem to care if it was going to uproot her kids (I know they were in their 20s but still...).

I was shouting at the tv every time Nicki was on. This type of woman gives separated women a bad name, she was so bitter. I hope when she watches back she can see how hypocritical she was, saying it was all about her boys while going to extreme lengths to make it difficult for them to see there dad sad. So what that he cheated on her, expecting the dad to use an expensive contact/drop off centre was all for her gain, there was no reason at all for it.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 22-Jun-16 14:14:15

The accountant, his ex wife, her new partner- their back story - you couldn't make it up. smile
And I thought accountants were dull.

spookyelectric Wed 22-Jun-16 16:14:16

Very interesting. Nikki (lady who was resistant to letting the kids see their dad) was very difficult - but then the ex climbed through the bathroom window and they had sex??!! Talk abour drama Llamas

The accountants - Sue seemed so placid and quiet but silently difficult - and then there was the backstory.

The final couple - emails to the ex about how to brush teeth, damage to feet from ill fitting shoes etc. Sitting in different rooms.

No one came out well from it. They should suck up some angst for the sake of their children. Did feel slightly sorry for Peter the accountant - bet Bernard was at home laughing about the mayhem he was causing.

EverySongbirdSays Wed 22-Jun-16 17:30:55

Yep, preventing your children from seeing their father because you are angry at their father for other reasons that have nothing to do with his parenting is so low. Those that really suffer are the kids.

The last couple that couldn't even be in the same room. That was more about completely opposing parenting beliefs but with the sense that the father was being purposefully goady.

Honeyandfizz Thu 23-Jun-16 19:32:35

I was horrified by the mother with the two boys attitude. Her sons were being used as weapons against the dad, awful.

MrsJayy Fri 24-Jun-16 08:59:51

We just watched it last night I got the feeling Bernard thought he won a prize i wanted to shake her. And him sending links about child rearing id tell them to shove them up his arse what a twat he was I cant wait for next week seems i love to watch other peoples drama blush

WellDoYaPunks Fri 24-Jun-16 09:01:34

I've got to go through this soon sad

absolutelynotfabulous Fri 24-Jun-16 14:00:28

I think Bernard was encouraging the woman (forgotten her name, she made such an impression) because he didn't want to provide for her really. He was nearly 80, with kids of his own.

Purpleeggs Fri 24-Jun-16 14:05:19

Lol grin yes F off Bernard . Felt sorry for woman with 2 boys just because clearly hurt that he has kept cheating on her and she's using the boys to punish him . Ah well at least she made a casserole and cleaned the house I suppose.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 24-Jun-16 17:29:48

I wasn't expecting the 'other man' to be almost 80 smile

MrsJayy Fri 24-Jun-16 18:22:09

Me and Dh think sue and Bernard had been carrying on years and she only got married to have children because Sue was with Bernard first it was all very odd.

EverySongbirdSays Fri 24-Jun-16 19:31:46

Peter needs to take Sue on Jeremy Kyle for a DNA

MrFMercury Fri 24-Jun-16 19:37:53

I felt sorry for the woman with Bernard. It seemed she wasn't allowed to do anything without his say so and Bernard didn't want her there if she didn't have money. I really felt for her soon to be ex husband who ended up with a massive mortgage just to meet the demands of the man his wife left him for.
The mum using the kids was just sad. I hope seeing it gave her something perspective.
The third couple, the guy sending the emails really annoyed me too. I wouldn't appreciate that crap from anyone in any type of relationship!

MrsJayy Fri 24-Jun-16 20:13:57

He had such a hold over her eh

absolutelynotfabulous Fri 24-Jun-16 21:47:59

It was so weird. She didn't seem to have a personality of her own.

MrsJayy Fri 24-Jun-16 21:49:41

No she didnt when you think about it its a real shame

MiniCooperLover Mon 04-Jul-16 11:35:37

I've just watched episode 2 ... Feeling quite sorry for the man of the couple where the wife took £205K to buy a house but then seemed to be adding it into money with her new partner.

MrFMercury Mon 04-Jul-16 13:39:21

Yeah I felt for him too, especially since he'd put 200k into the family home that he'd saved before he got together with his soon to be ex wife.

MiniCooperLover Mon 04-Jul-16 15:50:51

Sue and Bernard definitely deserve each other !!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now