Talk

Advanced search

New Blood

(22 Posts)
Davros Sun 19-Jun-16 22:29:50

Am I the only one watching? I'm up to episode 2 of 3 and think it's brilliant

GreenShadow Tue 21-Jun-16 21:45:15

I'm watching Davros!

Still slightly confused by it all, but slowly getting there. I like the two lead characters - both slightly different from your usual run of the mill cops/investigators.

Davros Tue 21-Jun-16 23:44:01

Phew, not just me then? I'm surprised there was no thread as it's got a great pedigree with the writer being Anthony Horowitz. I love the two leads too but I don't like the cliche of the older copper being vile to the young gun, it's overdone

SaltaKatten Sat 25-Jun-16 15:08:33

I'm really enjoying it and am watching the second case now. I like the main characters and how it's different from the run of the mill, old jaded detective.

RayofSun Sat 25-Jun-16 20:21:06

Think it's a great program. Love the light hearted humour and the chemistry between the two leads. Bit if a bromance!!! Not sure how many times they can make them co-incidentally involved in the same cases though. Still, hope it lasts as its great fun and has a robust storyline. ie no flawed logic or plots with gaping,y obvious holes which always drives me nuts!!!!

Sinkingfeeling Mon 27-Jun-16 00:23:19

I love it! Really like the two main characters. Love Foyle's War too - similar sense of humour to that at times. Surprised that more Mumsnetters aren't talking about this series though.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 27-Jun-16 00:26:40

I'll join in! Just watched ep 3 tonight and think it's great. Not too complicated for my simple brain to comprehend, and no annoying muffled voices for added authenticity.

cankles Thu 30-Jun-16 20:44:13

just spotted this thread! yes, so far so good, looking forward to the next episode. 2 lead characters pretty watchable!

Hackedabove Thu 30-Jun-16 22:01:34

I like it very much.

IMurderedStampyLongnose Thu 30-Jun-16 22:04:48

I really enjoy it too,are they on a new case?

Hackedabove Fri 01-Jul-16 05:59:43

Yes it looks like there's going to be 6 episodes in total with each part being over 3.

Clawdy Fri 01-Jul-16 23:00:30

I love the two leads, and enjoy the quirkiness, but last night's was a bit too violent for me, that fire scene.....Also finding the two unpleasant senior policemen a bit of a caricature, like someone from the seventies. Will keep on watching, though!

busyboysmum Fri 01-Jul-16 23:05:14

I am loving it to really enjoying the two main characters and there's a lot of humour in it as well. I actually don't think that the too old policeman are being as disparaging towards the young one as they are making out and they keep giving him lots of opportunities. I think they can see potential in him personally.

Sinkingfeeling Sat 02-Jul-16 18:43:25

Yes, the two older policemen are a bit Life in Mars!

madmother1 Sat 02-Jul-16 20:35:29

I'm living this. I've just started watching last week as fed up with the football. I just live the relationship of the 2 chaps. Great banter between them.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 02-Jul-16 21:18:25

I've enjoyed it as well - not too intellectually challenging. Iwas disturbed by the fire scene; mainly the fact that a man (albeit a baddy) lost his life in the most hideous way due to stupidity & no one seemed particilarly bothered. One angry punch while the other one basically shrugged and then on with the job.
I suppose that fits in with the cartoony nature of the show.

Travelledtheworld Sun 03-Jul-16 05:20:53

Enjoying this too. I like the quirky filming and the great shots of London.
Novel storyline with lots of contemporary issues.

Gatehouse77 Sun 03-Jul-16 22:33:49

I'm enjoying it too. Particularly like the two leads as, like some up thread said, they are not typical. And the mix of competitiveness and (begrudging?) admiration is refreshing. I do feel the 'young, eager newbie' being put down by his seniors is a bit clichéd but it fits.

kylesmybaby Mon 04-Jul-16 00:53:49

I love the character between the two of them as well. No one seems to be watching it but I love it.

Davros Sun 10-Jul-16 19:39:24

I'm on part 4 andvthunknits brilliant, made me laugh out loud a couple of times "95%"!

familyfarm Sun 10-Jul-16 23:50:57

Absolutely love it! They've got really good banter. Are there only 3 series?

TheDrsDocMartens Mon 11-Jul-16 07:29:15

I'm enjoying it too. Easy watching , not too much thinking needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now