Talk

Advanced search

Did you or anybody you know ever appear in crowd on TOP of the POPS? When and who was on that night?

(8 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Sun 05-Jun-16 02:30:55

Just being nosey, cos just watched 1981 TOTP on BBC4 smilesmile

Loads of people in crowd dancing so thought a MNetter might have been on the show

So wondered if they were who was performing "live" that day?

smilesmilesmilesmile

Unacceptable Sun 05-Jun-16 02:53:50

Never did, which I'm very sad about.

Slightly off track here: was there some kind of artists strike in 1981? I watched totp tonight too and where were the live acts!!!?!
You'd be so pissed off if you were able to go...to stand in a studio and watch videos or some shite dance routine!

Davros Sun 05-Jun-16 13:01:32

1974. Little jimmy Osmind was no 1 so that was a film. We had to sit on the floor in circles and do a stupid dance with Pants People to Seasons In The Sun. Mott The Hoople were in the studio and one of them spoke to me! I think also The Glitter Babd (nit Gsry TG!). Can't remember who was the DJ

scaredofthecity Sun 05-Jun-16 13:58:12

I did it twice in 2005. Once was March and there was the basement jaxs and Mariah Carey and was a bit disappointed.

I did it again for 2005 Xmas which was much better with kaiser cheifs, mcfly (who we'd just seen in Wembley and there were miles away and now we could pretty much touch them), Charlotte Church and nizlopi that I remember and poss others that I don't. They changed the age limit from 16 to 18 and I had just turned 18 and my best mate hasn't so couldn't come which was a bit shite.

They gave us Christmas hats to wear and I stole mine and still dig it out every year!

I did get tickets again for Xmas a few years ago but didn't get to go as they give out more tickets than places to guarantee a full studio. I had work and got there as early as poss but was too late sad

Duckfacepalm Tue 07-Jun-16 22:07:32

Aw my Mum and Dad where on a 60s episode you can see them dancing! The band was Status Quo but early status quo which both they and my dp assure me where a different sound, I've forgotten who else was on that show but its funny seeing them dancing. AW.

HoundOfTheBasketballs Sun 12-Jun-16 12:53:47

Yes I did! It was either 1996 or 97, I can't remember! blush
Saw Ocean Colour Scene and Texas.
Harry Hill was the presenter.
Great night. Fond memories of taking forever to get ready and then getting our mates mum to drop us off really early so we could drink some MD20/20 in the street before it started! grin

Clawdy Sun 12-Jun-16 21:30:55

My sister's best friend was dancing away in the background while the Dave Clark Five played! Waaay back in the sixties......

JustDanceAddict Mon 13-Jun-16 15:24:37

I did - it was 88 (I think) and Bros were on, as was Billy Ocean. Can't remember who else!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now