Talk

Advanced search

The truth about healthy eating

(4 Posts)
sandrabedminster Fri 03-Jun-16 17:43:03

Is this a new low for the BBC?

Cherry picking scientific results to pick a narrative and that woman from GMTV is so disingenuous. The scientist has picked her up on a few sweeping statements she's made from evidence out of context.

pinkpanda101 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:50:22

Yes it was utter bollocks, I had to turn it off after 20mins. Tabloid tv

So bacon and eggs is a good breakfast but not scrambled eggs because of the butter. How about NOT cooking them in butter??!! I fry my eggs with no oil in a non-stick pan, but Fiona was too hard of thinking to suggest that one

The one last week about alcohol was also rubbish - scientific experiments require more than 6 people, and need a control group!!

Shame, because the one about dementia with Angela Rippon was brilliant, sensitive and informative.

sandrabedminster Sat 04-Jun-16 09:50:36

That's it tabloid TV, I'm actually just watching the end of it now. Its so bad. Very pro meat. One review said how good the dementia was good, I should watch that but it will probably upset me.

/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3622964/Laying-bare-pain-dementia-humour-tears-courage-CHRISTOPHER-STEVENS-reviews-night-s-TV.html

Another review quite rightly points out they are comparing branded organic foods from the most expensive shop with unbranded from tesco - www.nestandglow.com/healthy-lifestyle/the-truth-about-healthy-eating-bbc-one-review !

I can't believe how low quality the show was. As you say they put in a load of butter when making scrambled eggs that they didn't need to. Also butter in small amounts is probabaky healthier than frying at high temps some vegetable oil that's been processed.

IWILLgiveupsugar Sat 04-Jun-16 22:25:40

I did want to tell her that you can buy coconut oil for a couple of quid in Aldi. It doesn't have to cost £10. I did think it was interesting about the antioxident rich smoothies not having much of an effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now