Talk

Advanced search

Preacher - Amazon from Monday

(19 Posts)
ElaeudanlaTeiteia Sun 22-May-16 16:10:25

Any other fans of the comics? I was a massive fan ages ago when I was younger and cooler. Not sure I could stomach them now as seem to have become a wuss since having DC confused. Still quite interested in how they'll adapt it for telly, though!

Trailer here

SymphonyofShadows Wed 08-Jun-16 09:38:33

I didn't know about the comics but I'm bloody loving it so far.

gaggiagirl Wed 08-Jun-16 09:41:56

I'm loving it!. I'm massively in love with Joe Gilgun though, I could look at him all day. I want to see it all now I can't wait til Monday!

SymphonyofShadows Wed 08-Jun-16 09:56:17

"What kind of a preacher are YOU?" He is brilliant in it, great casting

fatandlumpy Fri 10-Jun-16 13:38:20

Thought it was awesome! I'm struggling to believe Dominic Cooper is a Brit.

gaggiagirl Sat 11-Jun-16 15:38:12

The 3 main cast members are British and Irish. Go Europeans!!! grin

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 11-Jun-16 15:43:02

I'm quite enjoying it too - have never seen the comics though.

CrazyDuchess Sat 11-Jun-16 15:49:49

Is it super violent - I was a little put off by the trailer but the premises sounds soo good

magicstar1 Sat 11-Jun-16 15:53:39

I'm loving it! Cassidy is hilarious and as a huge Johnny Cash fan, the music is awesome.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 11-Jun-16 15:54:23

It is very violent - but speaking as someone who doesn't like watching violence it's fine. It's very cartoonish and over the top.

Newes Sat 11-Jun-16 15:56:42

Dominic Cooper isn't Jesse Custer sad. Joseph Gilgun is Cassidy though.

CrazyDuchess Sat 11-Jun-16 16:03:31

Okay I might give the first one a try - I really struggled with violence on tv but if it's OTT then I might be able to make it through blush

SlinkyVagabond Sat 11-Jun-16 16:10:11

Nope, sorry, Cassidy is not doing it for me or the uber comic geek sons. And DC is no way Jesse. However, it's ok so far.(in the absence of Lucifer)

Love the comics, can't wait to see the series. Unfortunately we don't have Amazon Prime, doing NowTV at the minute.

mrssmith79 Sat 02-Jul-16 21:25:43

Anyone still watching this? I've just finished episode 5 and I'm hooked.

Lemansky Mon 04-Jul-16 14:21:37

I love it, looking forward to watching the next one later. I always love Joe Gilgun though so really happy to see him in this.

JaimeLannister Mon 04-Jul-16 22:25:57

I first read preacher about 12 years ago, never would have imagined a tv show about it! Trying not to compare it too much but I am finding the show slow moving. I am wondering when we will see more of Jesse's childhood and if they will change how horrific it was.

mrssmith79 Mon 04-Jul-16 22:46:20

Just watched the latest episode, they alluded to some more backstory (won't spoil it). I'm familiar with the comics but am trying not to make comparisons and just going to try and enjoy the show as a separate entity.
I am developing a most serious and unladylike hankering for Dominic Cooper, think it's the dog collar grin

Lemansky Wed 06-Jul-16 15:10:26

Does what happened to Eugene in the last episode happen in the comics? I really enjoyed this episode and wish there were more to watch in one go! I'm sure I read somewhere this week as well that they were going to do a 2nd series which is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now