Talk

Advanced search

CBeebies Our Family

(12 Posts)
Hunstanton Thu 28-Apr-16 17:36:16

Are anyone else's kids absolutely hooked on the new series on Cbeebies called Our Family? Mine watch and re watch it all the time, and its so nice to see normal families reflected rather than a desperation for being really PC as the BBC so often are…..! Just think they've got this spot on.

desperatehousewife21 Thu 28-Apr-16 20:09:48

Yeah my kids love it but saw bits of today's episode and was a mum taking her kids to church, making a v healthy salmon and veg Sunday lunch and dad organising some fun and games around the house and garden involving looking for animals with binoculars and made my whole life feel a bit...lazy confused

teacher54321 Thu 28-Apr-16 20:13:02

Ds LOVES it. I have to come stop whatever I'm doing and go and watch it with him immediately!

mopants Thu 28-Apr-16 20:14:25

My kids love it too. It's really good to see normal families pretending they act like that every single day!!

Cherrypie32 Thu 28-Apr-16 20:57:28

My 6 year old watches obsessively on catch up. I think the banality of it really appeals to her, she's just interested in other people's lives.

startingtheengine Thu 28-Apr-16 21:03:56

My 3 year old DS loves it, especially the ones with the babies in. We constantly have to watch them on catch up.

OnTheMove28 Fri 29-Apr-16 09:36:31

We are constantly swapping between Our Family (for the 6 year old) and My Life - on CBBC (for the 8 year old). They both love both shows although the CBBC one tends to focus on a wider range of families/children

YokoUhOh Fri 29-Apr-16 09:39:32

Our Family is great, as is My First... DS (3) loves both.

I would take issue with the 'PC' comment; I think it's important for children to see a range of faces and types of people (especially if you live in the back of beyond like we do!).

Cuppaand2biscuits Fri 29-Apr-16 09:41:36

Yes, my children 5 and nearly 3 are absolutely addicted. When they showed the first series they watched them all over and over again. Me and dp had the song stuck in our heads all the time!

AndYourBirdCanSing Fri 29-Apr-16 09:42:17

Mine absolutely love it too, and 'My first'. Watch all the episodes on catch up again and again.

Cuppaand2biscuits Fri 29-Apr-16 09:43:53

I especially like the fact that they all live in moderately messy homes and like to point that out to dp. He thinks every house should be show home perfect like his retired mother who has no one there to make any mess!

Spottyladybird Sun 01-May-16 06:47:55

My DD loves it too! I think it's good to see a mixture of families in different environments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now