Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone enjoy the 'Royal Gogglebox' last night?

(15 Posts)
breward Fri 22-Apr-16 18:51:24

I loved seeing the Royals watching their home videos.

It was lovely to see the Queen chatting so naturally with Charles. We only usually hear her giving speeches. How good was her memory!

Sarah Chatto was very moved by the footage of her mum as a young girl. So touching.

Will and Harry reminded me of the gay hairdressers who love taking the mick out of everyone.

I had slide envy of the water slide on the Britannia. The footage of the sailors and the Royals saying goodbye to the yacht was moving.

Really enjoyed the programme and still can't believe how good the Queen and Duke of E are for their age. An old lady on the news said 'the thought of reaching down to lay a heavy wreath, then walk backwards down steps in heels is beyond anything she could do at 90.' The thought of horse riding at 90 amazes me. I don't think I could even swing my leg over a horse to get on it and I'm half her age!!

Flutterbye Fri 22-Apr-16 19:43:21

Yes, totally. Her memory was amazing. They seemed almost normal playing in the garden and on beaches, etc. Loved it.

Coldtoeswarmheart Fri 22-Apr-16 19:46:00

It was really touching. Loved William and Harry, and I'm not usually one for the royals TBH.

snozzlemaid Fri 22-Apr-16 20:08:54

I loved how different the Queens's voice sounded. She uses a much posher voice when giving her speeches.
I was impressed with her memory too. I never thought about how Britannia was a safe haven for the family and you could see how much it meant to them when it was decommissioned.

Momamum Fri 22-Apr-16 20:32:29

As a staunch anti royalist I remember the original footage of the decommissioning of the yacht well. We remarked then that it was the first time we'd ever seen emotion on the queens face, blinking back the tears, did you note that?

But then today I watched the home movies and it all fell into place. She was saying goodbye to all those wonderful memories of a time when she was carefree and young and the thought of ever becoming our head of state surely wasn't a great consideration?

And so I found today I loved this warm, funny person I saw in the docu and her behaviour has certainly been exemplary throughout her long reign.

LucyMouse Mon 25-Apr-16 02:52:02

So I'm not the only one who was reminded of Gogglebox while watching this. I thought it was lovely, and it made me want to watch all of my old family videos, but they're all on VHS!

diddl Mon 25-Apr-16 14:32:50

I loved Anne & Charles daning on the beach in towels!

PLus how when commenting they both seemed to snort a little when laughing!

Sarah Chatto seems lovely.

You forget that she's the Queen's only niece.

No reason to think that they aren't close, is there?

Owllady Mon 25-Apr-16 14:34:34

I enjoyed this too and I am not a particular fan of the royal family smile
Sarah Chatto was lovely

coldcanary Mon 25-Apr-16 15:00:19

I enjoyed it too, the Queen seems to come over well in more informal settings. William and Harry made me laugh, it's easy to forget William has any personality at all lately!
Sarah Chatto needs to be talked into being a little more public, she's very natural.

coldcanary Mon 25-Apr-16 15:00:24

I enjoyed it too, the Queen seems to come over well in more informal settings. William and Harry made me laugh, it's easy to forget William has any personality at all lately!
Sarah Chatto needs to be talked into being a little more public, she's very natural.

coldcanary Mon 25-Apr-16 15:00:28

coldcanary Mon 25-Apr-16 15:01:05

Ffs sorry, it said it had failed to post twice!

WillAndDisgrace Mon 25-Apr-16 16:47:58

Is this on catch up? I can't find it sad

snozzlemaid Mon 25-Apr-16 18:50:19

It's on bbc iplayer. It's called Elizabeth at 90.

WillAndDisgrace Mon 25-Apr-16 22:12:54

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now