Talk

Advanced search

Just about to start the last episode of Breaking Bad

(21 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sat 16-Apr-16 12:03:31

What a journey it's been. I feel like I did when I got to the last episode of The Sopranos. I don't want to press play.

allegretto Sat 16-Apr-16 12:05:14

I've just finished BB and loved it - can't remember what happened in the last episode though! confused

DoreenLethal Sat 16-Apr-16 12:05:18

It's good. You will feel bereft. But it is so so good.

NoelHeadbands Sat 16-Apr-16 12:05:35

I felt the same grin

You're in for a treat though

PuppyMonkey Sat 16-Apr-16 12:19:54

We're here for you afterwards. grin

Bicnod Sat 16-Apr-16 12:22:41

It's a really good ending, I loved the last episode. Unlike Lost which I invested far too much time in and was left hanging.

EachandEveryone Sat 16-Apr-16 14:33:55

Omg that was a journey and a half. Just bloody brilliant. Poor Jesse.

I never warmed to the wife.

HeyMacWey Sat 16-Apr-16 14:36:36

It's just brilliant - I nearly cried at the sadness that there would be no more. Dh and I started watching it yonks ago on dvd before it soon Netflix and it felt like it'd been part of our life for years.

Give it a few days then start on Better Call Saul.

EachandEveryone Sat 16-Apr-16 14:45:25

Yeah I need some light relief so I'm going to start on Kimmy Schmidt.

It was so perfect. Loved it. Not as much as The Sopranos but almost.

Madbengalmum Sat 16-Apr-16 14:47:21

EachNdeveryone, my thoughts exactly.
I loved it, but didnt warm to the characters as much as Sopranos. Skyler, really irritated me too.

EachandEveryone Sat 16-Apr-16 15:52:51

Yes I loved Hank and Marie and the son

mushforbrain Sat 16-Apr-16 19:42:14

Oh god when Hank died I felt so traumatised! He was so close!

EachandEveryone Sat 16-Apr-16 20:12:12

So dignified to the end. I'm still traumatised. The last season was the best for me.

SnakeWitch Sat 16-Apr-16 20:27:52

SPOILERS Hank dying was so awful, he knew they were going to do it too sad I loved how Gus met his end. Jane too smile

Anyone else periodically find themselves wondering what happened to Jesse? I quite like seeing the actor IRL as I think 'oh good, he's fine as it wasn't real' (yes I'm a weirdo)!

EachandEveryone Sat 16-Apr-16 20:36:23

Jane was a horrible death choking on her own vomit! The way he just stood there watching.

I have mixed feeling about Jessie because he really wasn't nice either, getting innocent people back into meth, killing people in cold blood, treating his parents like crap yet I really wanted things to come good fir him. I never felt that way about Walter.

SavoyCabbage Sat 16-Apr-16 20:36:34

I didn't watch the last episode. I watched all of it again from the start again first.

Rollergirl1 Sun 17-Apr-16 10:17:57

Watch Better call Saul. A really worthy spin-off to Breaking Bad. It's on Season 2 now and I think this season is better than 1. It's quite slow going compared to BB but it's excellently written and the characterisations are great. I loved Saul and Mike from BB so it's great to get their back story.

trickydickie Sun 17-Apr-16 11:58:47

I am off work during the kids school summer holidays. I binge watched all of BB in 3 weeks of the summer hols. Staying up til 3am or after sometimes, yes I am bad!

I loved BB. I still think about it. Don't know if it will ever leave me. Don't know if I can ever have such a great summer again.

EachandEveryone Sun 17-Apr-16 13:06:53

Yes I don't know if I'd watch it again not for a few years anyway. I'm thinking it about it all the time. When I started my other thread ages ago someone jumped down my throat when I wondered out load why Marie and Hank didn't have children. Prop,e said it's irrelevant and people can choose not to etc and I haven't myself so I shut up. Now reading the reviews in various news papers and blogs it was a massive question that comes up all the time it was the elephant in the room. So now I don't feel so bad about thinking about it.

Tactfulcactus Mon 18-Apr-16 17:45:04

Having read so many positive reviews I got the boxed set for OH for Christmas - but we've only watched the first 2 episodes. I just found it so depressing and I felt no warmth or empathy for any of the characters. Does it get better? Should I stick with it?

EachandEveryone Mon 18-Apr-16 18:50:26

Tbh I stopped halfway through the first season I couldn't get into it at all. When I restarted I ended up watching the last on the first season and began properly season 2 do I understand what you are saying. Interestingly I saw an article the other day called top tv shows that came from a bad season 1 and BB was listed. Do give it a go you will be glad you did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now