Talk

Advanced search

All new TENNIS thread- are we ready for clay? The road to Roland Garros starts here...

(1000 Posts)
Raahh Thu 14-Apr-16 10:28:33

well, it has already started so, get the vanish out, the orange stuff gets everywhere.

Highlights to include- can Rafa win a tournament this April?
Is Djok starting a losing streak wishful thinking ?
Will Murray get enough sleep to retain his title in Madrid? (Doesn't appear to be scheduled to play Munich)
Will Stan's shorts be a patch on last year's?
And never discount the Rog Bot!

So, Vamos! Allez! Let's go!

tennis

JaneJeffer Thu 14-Apr-16 10:34:25

Every year I say I will go to RG next year. Some day...

I don't know how Stan can up his shorts game after last year.

DramaAlpaca Thu 14-Apr-16 10:35:39

Marking place & looking forward to some lovely tennis chat.

Thanks for the new thread, Raahh.

magimedi Thu 14-Apr-16 11:03:11

tennis Best part of the year starts now!!

Maryz Thu 14-Apr-16 11:07:58

Morning all.

Can I respectfully ask that (1) we have no mention of the C word [shudder] and (2) you all stop being so horribly mean about poor Novac.

I have a soft spot for him because he reminds me of ds1 grin. Socially awkward, and frighteningly competitive.

magimedi Thu 14-Apr-16 11:09:04

I won't mention 'C' (on this thread!) but I won't agree to not being mean about Djok!

50% ain't bad, Maryz.

Maryz Thu 14-Apr-16 11:11:19

grin Poor fellow, I'm sure he's no worse than the rest of them.

magimedi Thu 14-Apr-16 11:29:38

I must admit when I hear him talk I think he sounds OK - but he looks so arrogant.....

Raahh Thu 14-Apr-16 11:52:35

I don't actually mind Djokshock these days. I know!!grin I also think he was unfairly dragged into the sexism row/equal pay stuff at Indian Wells. I just like that after seeming to be invincible, there is a chink in his armour. It opens things up a bit. For this tournament at least. Whether, psychologically, RG is beyond him-I can't write him off, however much I'd like to. He's pretty fit, has a good few years ahead of him.

Of course, yesterday was probably only a blip. But for this week, for today, I can hope Rafa has a chance.Vamos Djok has become his nemesis.

Raahh Thu 14-Apr-16 14:46:35

Well , Rafa has the first set against Thiem, doesn't look plain sailing though. Dom has definitely had a great year so far, but Rafa really needs to win this.

I think he's scheduled for doubles later too.

Raahh Thu 14-Apr-16 14:53:43

Stan and Murray through- Murray also close to defeat, though. Needs to up his game a bit.

Interesting to see how Fed does later. Also good to see Raonic through- I've a bit of a soft spot for Milos.

Raahh Thu 14-Apr-16 15:13:55

And relax...

Second set seemed easier ( of course I'm surmising all this from the scoreline) grin

MrsVamos Thu 14-Apr-16 15:17:20

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !

MrsVamos Thu 14-Apr-16 15:18:29

That's all. ^ wink grin

See you all later, maybe. xxx

BeckerLleytonNever Thu 14-Apr-16 16:49:06

wowsa. Novak LOST. at last! only cos it was getting boring the same person winning all the time...prob make an excuse!.

carabos Thu 14-Apr-16 18:17:23

Andy's really having to work for it at the moment. He needs to hang tough - the tide will turn. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

carabos Thu 14-Apr-16 18:17:39

Same goes for Rafa.

hugoagogo Thu 14-Apr-16 20:50:36

Murray really is making hard work of everything right now. <nibbles nails right off>

DramaAlpaca Thu 14-Apr-16 22:31:39

I saw a bit of the first set between Rafa & Thiem. It was really high quality stuff from both of them. To come through that match will be good for Rafa's confidence, and Thiem is definitely one to watch for the future.

JaneJeffer Fri 15-Apr-16 10:37:09

I find Raonic so boring. Looking forward to Rafa and Stan later.

carabos Fri 15-Apr-16 10:48:08

Andy's running away with the first set against Raonic atm. Fingers crossed he keeps going.

carabos Fri 15-Apr-16 11:26:20

2 and love to Andy. Much better from him, but Raonic is carrying an injury.

JaneJeffer Fri 15-Apr-16 11:39:32

Here we go!

DramaAlpaca Fri 15-Apr-16 12:31:08

Ah, with that scoreline in Andy's match I was wondering if Raonic was injured.

Rafa is going really well against Stan, just taken the first set 6-1!

carabos Fri 15-Apr-16 14:48:12

Rafa v Andy in the semi - I love both of them <wails>.

This thread is not accepting new messages.