Talk

Advanced search

Game of Thrones virgin - excited!

(22 Posts)
LindyHemming Mon 11-Apr-16 19:23:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhoisLucasHood Mon 11-Apr-16 19:29:01

If you've read the book you're halfway there. There's so many characters, it's hard to keep track at first. Isn't it the biggest show out right now? You've done well to not watch it by now ;) I can't wait for the new series. Lucky that you can binge all these seasons with fresh eyes.

StrawberrytallCake Mon 11-Apr-16 19:29:57

I'm so jealous. Enjoy!!!!!!

LindyHemming Mon 11-Apr-16 19:39:41

StrawberrytallCake Mon 11-Apr-16 19:42:01

I watched the first one after having dd2 and switched off - bear with it for a couple of episodes!

TheHiphopopotamus Tue 12-Apr-16 12:32:52

I agree, stick with it. It just gets better and better.

I remember DH making me watch S1 and I got bored (!) because I'd been reading how the first series ended. But I gave it a another go and I'm glad I did.

LindyHemming Tue 12-Apr-16 15:57:39

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Wed 13-Apr-16 17:05:11

I posted not too long ago about finally starting GOT and being shocked at the first episode. Posters were not wrong though and it does just get better and better. I was completely hooked by about episode 4.

Enjoy!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 13-Apr-16 18:09:33

DH asked me if I wanted to 'Binge watch' from Episode One (I have seen the odd bit, not inspired me to sit down and get on board)

How many episodes/hours would I be looking at if I do get hooked?

NuggetofPurestGreen Wed 13-Apr-16 18:13:28

10 episodes per season, 5 seasons. So 50! And then new season next week.

stopfaffing Wed 13-Apr-16 18:18:32

I'm reading the books, currently on A Feast for Crows. Love them. Haven't seen any of the programmes (except a clip ofThe Rains of Castermere: Red Wedding on youtube) but would one day love to watch the boxed sets (if I can borrow them off someone).

ElspethFlashman Wed 13-Apr-16 18:27:43

Get ready to see an awful lot of tits and minge.

I've seen every episode so far and I really respect it as a whole. The books get very meandering as they go on (the last one was downright hard work) and the TV show does a heroic of keeping it zipping along.

But by God I got sick and tired of tits and minge.

LindyHemming Wed 13-Apr-16 18:30:34

StrawberrytallCake Wed 13-Apr-16 18:31:02

Hahahaha - I've been desensitised to the T&M so much I barely remember it after the first episode.

ElspethFlashman Wed 13-Apr-16 18:36:03

Well actually someone does go flapping about in an enormous manner but I'll leave that as a surprise, lol.

ElspethFlashman Wed 13-Apr-16 18:37:47

Strawberry how could you forget that ghastly brothel scene with LF?

LindyHemming Wed 13-Apr-16 18:41:55

StrawberrytallCake Thu 14-Apr-16 06:36:19

Honestly Elspeth it's behind the 'no you definitely don't want to think about that' veil in my mind, I'm sure it'll come flooding back on 24th April grin

yumyumpoppycat Thu 14-Apr-16 19:49:32

I did a snort at the thread title ... not many virgins in GoT!

LindyHemming Thu 14-Apr-16 19:51:43

yumyumpoppycat Thu 14-Apr-16 19:53:51

I was really surprised no one had said anything...only a couple of t&m mentions grin

RomComPhooey Thu 14-Apr-16 19:58:07

But by God I got sick and tired of tits and minge.

I usually love a good sci-fi or fantasy series and enjoyed the plot and characters in GOT, especially Arya, but it was the tits and minge that finally did for me. They were the backdrop to just about everything, except for the snowy bits. I gave up after season 2, but it sounds like I swerved the Red Wedding (?) episode so a result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now