Talk

Advanced search

Walking dead season finale. Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!

(289 Posts)
BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Mon 04-Apr-16 10:45:33

So...

angry

VertigoNun Mon 04-Apr-16 10:57:21

I have not watched. I hear that Rick, Michonne, Glen and Maggie are possible victims.

Six month wait.

DixieNormas Mon 04-Apr-16 10:58:47

ds2 has watched it

BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Mon 04-Apr-16 11:08:09

I'm rather annoyed. All that build up for a cliffhanger justs seems so...stupid.
Might as well have waited and watched it tonight, i was worried (after The Fucking Beth Post) that i'd have it spoiled for me if i waited. Grr.

gamerchick Mon 04-Apr-16 11:10:00

Yeah finding out about that cliffhanger ruined the finale for me and I haven't even seen it yet.

BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Mon 04-Apr-16 11:37:02

I know this anger is what they want but still - stupid. I'd be happy if it was a surprise and a cliffhanger, but knowing it was coming for like, yonks, and then a cliffhanger? Lazy writing.

I've done exactly what they want me to do though and listened carefully to the audio, slowed down to try to pick out reactions... hmm

milliemoon Mon 04-Apr-16 11:37:44

Not seen it yet but I'm not impressed after what I read!

CauliflowerBalti Mon 04-Apr-16 11:48:18

Not watched it yet. Sought spoilers to prepare myself psychologically for the death of a much-loved character...

FFS. angry

Won't make me stop watching it - the next season, I mean. But it hasn't achieved what they hope - months of speculation, can't wait for the new season. They've started to piss about with us too much, with sensationalist storytelling. It makes the whole thing a bit meh.

BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Mon 04-Apr-16 11:56:57

The explanation given of "now we have to make s7e1 justify the cliffhanger" on talking dead is also stupid (check out my fantastic synonym use today!)

Killing a main character, the only thing that can justify yet another cliffhanger anyway, would have given us months to get riled up on how the group with survive without them, to wonder what they will do in response.

VertigoNun Mon 04-Apr-16 11:58:59

If it's Glen or Michonne then they will have been paid off to not work on other projects.

AndYourBirdCanSing Mon 04-Apr-16 12:23:46

I haven't watched yet but also read the episode review so I could prepare myself. I feared they would do this but really hoped they wouldn't. There must be an awful lot of pissed off fans right now!

Is it likely to just pick up exactly where it left off on the last scene in the next season? I was concerned about watching the Lucille death whilst pregnant and an emotional wreck. Will now have a newborn by time it flippin comes round!

Back to waiting then angry

milliemoon Mon 04-Apr-16 12:51:54

Ive got a feeling they will just jump forward in the new series rather than starting from the place they left off if you get my meaning, leaving us to figure out who died for a few scenes based on who is still there.

BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Mon 04-Apr-16 13:50:56

Yep, i can see that happening too millie

WakeUpFast Mon 04-Apr-16 13:56:30

Thanks for this thread! I need to vent!

Apparently, and I stress apparently, none of the cast members know who got the bat. 😒. How can that even be? When does the dead one get told he/she isn't coming back and is without a job?

So why were they giving interviews about feeling sick and angry at filming the final episode? Was it because it was a cliffhanger?

before Negan whacks the unlucky person, he says "my mom told me to have the best", or something like that. So who would Negan think was the best? I think it's Daryl, Abraham or Eugene in terms of logical thinking and killing. If he's twisted in a woman harming type way, he might choose a female as "the best". He tells Maggie she looks bad, so that leaves Sasha and Rosita and both are very pretty.

I don't know. It was a crap finale. At least Carol is safe.

DixieNormas Mon 04-Apr-16 14:29:57

Do we have no idea who it's between then? I thought they might at least narrow it down a bit. The cliff hanger has put me off watching tbh

AndYourBirdCanSing Mon 04-Apr-16 14:59:38

Me too Dixie.

Millie yes I can very well see them doing that.

QueenStromba Mon 04-Apr-16 15:45:43

Glad I'm not the only one who's annoyed by it. The whole episode was shit. Very disappointing considering that there have been some amazing episodes this series. Presumably they want us to drive ourselves crazy speculating about who it is for months but I actually find myself not caring that much.

BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Mon 04-Apr-16 16:20:34

I'll see if i can find the audio link that dh showed me earlier. It certainly sounds to me like maggie screaming in the background and you can kind of make out a dazed sounding glenn saying her name as (possibly) he dies. So based on that, i go with it being glenn.

But then i read someone on twitter posting in detail why they think it is eugene so <shrug>

QueenStromba Mon 04-Apr-16 16:24:31

The moment that Abe and Eugene had when they left the RV makes me think it's one of those two. I hope it's Abe - he's my least favourite of the possible characters. Glenn's my favourite but after he 'died' earlier in the series I don't think I'd be too shocked/bothered if he died now.

AndYourBirdCanSing Mon 04-Apr-16 16:44:39

it does sound like Maggie screaming Glen on the audio link- shows subtitles people have tried to work out on IGN website

sad

AndYourBirdCanSing Mon 04-Apr-16 16:52:35

Not IGN sorry, got that wrong!

comicbook.com/2016/04/04/the-walking-dead-finale-audio-may-offer-clues-to-who-died/

BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Mon 04-Apr-16 18:27:57

I did at least hope that they might kill off an extra person if they were gonna go with the cliffhanger ending. As there are so many people who are long dead in the comics

WakeUpFast Mon 04-Apr-16 18:46:04

I watched The Talking Dead earlier and Brian Kirkman stressed that the death wasn't part of the story for this season which is why it wasn't shown. Apparently the conclusion of the story for this season was that Rick and the group weren't as strong as they thought they were and that the death of the character is a story for next season and we see how it shapes their life etc.

I'm still miffed we weren't shown anything though.

DrinkUpBaby Mon 04-Apr-16 19:57:44

There's reason to believe it's Abraham due to the way he carries himself when he is hit with Lucille. (He remains upright with blood pouring down his head.) and I think Negan says something along the lines of 'taking it like a champ'. Abraham's soldier background and physical strength mean he is probably the only one who wouldn't be hit to the ground with the first hit of Lucille confused

I also agree that the touching moment between him and Eugene hints it's one of them. Not to the mention the fact that Abraham was meant to die in place of Denise in the comics!!!

TartanTrousers Mon 04-Apr-16 20:21:16

Argh!! What a bloody cliffhanger. My money is on Abe...

I wish it was Carl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now