Does Breaking Bad stay this good?

(35 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sun 03-Apr-16 23:13:02

It too, me a few episodes I must admit. I'm hooked now and halfway through season 3. I absolutely love it but I'm terrified it'll get repetitive and I'll get bored. What's your opinion ? I know I'm late to the party. Can I ask, is the wife quite unlike able or don't you blame her?!

Seeyounearertime Sun 03-Apr-16 23:17:07

IMO it's never lower than a 7 and quite often at a 10.
Love it from beginning to end tbh.

ApplesinmyPocket Sun 03-Apr-16 23:21:22

I watched all 5 seasons pretty much back to back this year. In many ways I thought it the best thing I've ever seen, of any time.

I doubt you'll get bored. smile having said that, I found the final season a little less - comfortable, shall we say, than the previous four. I wouldn't have missed it though.

Skyler isn't particularly likeable I suppose but then again she doesn't have to be - she's a strong, real sort of character who is sometimes admirable and sometimes not so much. You could say that about most of the characters in BB, which is one of the reasons I liked it so much.

AnyFucker Sun 03-Apr-16 23:22:28

yup, pretty much

notabee Sun 03-Apr-16 23:24:32

Totally hooked here too, currently working through season 3.

VocationalGoat Sun 03-Apr-16 23:26:17

Oh yes... It stays that good. It's 'ruin your health/watch until 3am, up at 6am for work' good which is an incredibly rare phenomenon. I am still suffering withdrawal symptoms.

EachandEveryone Sun 03-Apr-16 23:31:06

Great I've got two days off! The acting is fantastic. I'm just getting over the "where have I seen you before?" That you always get when you first start watching something.

stealtheatingtunnocks Sun 03-Apr-16 23:31:29

best bit of tv writing I've ever seen.

The final series (no spoilers) links back to most of the unanswered questions in previous series - but, the characters appear as they did at the time, which makes me assume they were filmed as they went along, so, must have been written as a job lot.

Brilliant.

Enjoy.

RJnomore1 Sun 03-Apr-16 23:33:22

There's one series where it dips a bit and the episode with the fly is shite but otherwise it's pretty consistently great.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 03-Apr-16 23:33:26

I've just watched the last one. Absolutely incredible. Write off your days off as you won't get anything else done

SueDunome Sun 03-Apr-16 23:36:41

Keep going, you won't be disappointed - enjoy.

AugustRose Sun 03-Apr-16 23:38:37

We watched them all over a few months last year and it is brilliant, really didn't want it to end. DC1 (19) bought the box set and DH is asking when we can start watching it again!

EachandEveryone Mon 04-Apr-16 00:21:27

All the way through I'm going to be wondering why the sister hasn't got any children. Does that ever come up?

zippey Mon 04-Apr-16 00:35:36

There doesn't need to be a reason why someone has no kids surely? Like asking the reason for someone having children. It's neither here nor there.

As for BB, there are one or two episodes a bit slow eg Fly, but I have to say, it goes from strength to strength.

Kuriusoranj Mon 04-Apr-16 00:40:23

Agree with everyone else - it builds to an amazing end. The last couple of episodes (Ozymindias is my favourite) show just how good television can be, IMO.

grumpysquash3 Mon 04-Apr-16 00:42:56

I thought it dipped a bit in the middle but bear with it, it's definitely worth it.

Seeyounearertime Mon 04-Apr-16 00:54:42

For what it's worth, I love "The Fly" episode.

grin

torthecatlady Mon 04-Apr-16 00:57:31

No, it gets better! Love BB.

EachandEveryone Mon 04-Apr-16 00:57:39

I know it doesn't matter I have none myself! I like how they are portrayed as being normal families and not made for TV. The brother in law reminds me of Tony Soprano in many ways.

EachandEveryone Mon 04-Apr-16 20:10:23

I'm up to season 4 and I have to say the violence is pretty shocking in places and I never flinched watching the Sopranos.

Milzilla Tue 05-Apr-16 02:58:29

BB is the best TV I have ever watched. I envy anyone watching it first time round!

NoelHeadbands Tue 05-Apr-16 06:01:04

It's just brilliant.

I found my sympathies with the characters changed and sometimes changed back again throughout the series. I was well and truly manipulated grin

Don't know if it's still on, but Netflix did have most of the Talking Bad shows on as well, which was the US show that used to follow the episodes as they aired there. I binged watched them when I finished the whole thing

NoelHeadbands Tue 05-Apr-16 06:02:34

Those shows had guests on and usually one of the actors etc talking about that particular episode

HelpfulChap Tue 05-Apr-16 06:41:49

Currently watching it all again. Up to season 4. AI think I actually like it more the second time around which really is surprising given how much I loved it the first time!

EachandEveryone Tue 05-Apr-16 10:46:06

I'm up to 4 now. The poor sister in law pinching from the open houses. Now, my question is should I get dressed before I switch the telly on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now