undercover BBC1

(375 Posts)
Dolly2404 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:48:31

Anyone else think this looks good?

Namechanger2015 Mon 28-Mar-16 21:02:59

Yes I do! A worthy replacement for The Night Manager I hope!

Both leads are fantastic actors so I'm really looking forward to this. BBC dramas seem to have stepped up a gear, the quality of the storylines and production is outstanding.

InformalMother Sun 03-Apr-16 21:16:31

Did she mouth to him 'I hear you' or 'I love you'?

LotsofDots Sun 03-Apr-16 21:31:38

So far, I am mainly confused as to what is going on...

MummaMeerkat Sun 03-Apr-16 21:34:02

Glad it's not just me. I have no idea what is going on.

ineedaholidaynow Sun 03-Apr-16 21:36:42

I'm confused too

HalleLouja Sun 03-Apr-16 21:38:48

I think she was trying to save that guy for 20 years. Adrian Lester is just delicious. I have seen him Othello and Red Velvet.

everythingsgoingsouth Sun 03-Apr-16 21:39:41

40 mins in, and I still don't get what's going on...

TooManyButtons Sun 03-Apr-16 21:41:48

I'm really trying so hard to understand what's happening...but no.

TonySopranosVest Sun 03-Apr-16 21:42:38

confused It doesn't help that my mum keeps asking me questions - I'm like 'I DONT KNOW, I have no further information than you. We're both watching it together. I don't KNOW why the husband is being sprayed down with a hose!'

HalleLouja Sun 03-Apr-16 21:42:41

Sophie is a lawyer she was trying to save that guy on death row. Adrian Is an undercover copper with a sick dad who doesn't know he is married. That bit I don't get. Unless he's investigating Sophie.

lozabella Sun 03-Apr-16 21:55:50

I have zero idea what the hell is going on? Was Maya talking about her eldest daughter with the keratin hair to the Rudy guy at the beginning????

RomComPhooey Sun 03-Apr-16 22:02:29

As far as I can tell, Adrian met Sophie when he was embedded/undercover in some movement like all those shady Met cops and has made a life with her in his assumed identity. His Dad, knowing him under a different identity, could not be permitted to know his new family. If death row Denis had been bumped off, it would have all been OK/swept under the carpet. The new evidence/witness in the case and Sophie's potential move to DPP presumably means the case is reopened and she will have a higher level of clearance, so access to Adrian's record/dual identity. It's gonna get messy. The only things I'm really puzzled about are:

1) Why Sophie cares enough about death row Denis to still be banging on about it 20 years later. I started off wondering if he was related, but it seems not.

2) Why Sophie is allowed to have a driving licence when she seems to be having fits (?epilepsy).

Otherwise, I think I'm keeping up. I guess the hosing down is because Adrian is a triathlete and wanted to train (run? cycle? not sure what comes after the swim) in a wet tri suit to get realistic conditions for his training.

AnyFucker Sun 03-Apr-16 22:04:36

I watched 20 minutes and it looked like crap to me

Mind you, I had just finished watching the latest episode of "Thicker Than Water" so the comparisons were at the forefront of my mind

RomComPhooey Sun 03-Apr-16 22:05:29

Off topic, but is Thicker than Water worth persisting with, AF? I only watched the first one but the others are all backed up on my Tivo.

AnyFucker Sun 03-Apr-16 22:06:01

Yes, it is. Did you not enjoy the first episode ?

HalleLouja Sun 03-Apr-16 22:06:57

RomCom that's basically my understanding too.

Shenanagins Sun 03-Apr-16 22:10:11

Glad it's not just me who has no idea what's going on!

FartyTette Sun 03-Apr-16 22:12:26

Don't know why the Scottish handler had yo go through that whole lost/found dog scenario. Why couldn't he just approach Adrian Lester in the park? And who keeps trying to break into the house? Do we think it's the new witness in the Akewi case?

raisedbyguineapigs Sun 03-Apr-16 22:12:55

romcom yes that was my understanding too. They seem to have thrown too much into it though, making it confusing. I can't see why the epilepsy is relevant, or what the death row guy has to do with anything, apart from just to set the scene, that she is a human rights lawyer and principled. They should have killed him off and left her to do the main case. Im also confused about the ages. All the kids look to be early '20's. I'll still watch it though. The acting is terrific and the story is intriguing

RomComPhooey Sun 03-Apr-16 22:13:51

Yes, it is. Did you not enjoy the first episode ?

It grabbed me less than Occupied (Norwegian) which I have recently finished and Blue Eyes (Danish), which I'm also working my way through. All the Scandi drama was impeding my MNing, what with the subtitles, so I was being selective but I'll go back to it if you say it's worth another push.

Anyhow, back on topic... I was able to follow Undercover with about 65% attention/35% MN.

homebythesea Sun 03-Apr-16 22:14:32

Waaaay too confusing

And all the laughing at the obviously ASD child hmm

And they are seriously not old enough to have those "children" anyway

And the homoerotic wrestling in the heather

WTAF.

RomComPhooey Sun 03-Apr-16 22:14:58

Don't know why the Scottish handler had yo go through that whole lost/found dog scenario. Why couldn't he just approach Adrian Lester in the park?

Shot across the bow? = I know where you live & I could blow your happy family life apart unless you play ball.

JackandDiane Sun 03-Apr-16 22:16:00

god it was boring
and confusing

RomComPhooey Sun 03-Apr-16 22:16:53

I still remember the Scottish guy bringing 'The little train who could' to his reading group in that C4 sitcom 'Book Group' about 10 years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now