Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else got a DD or DS who loves Gravity Falls?

(7 Posts)
Chinesealan Sun 27-Mar-16 21:20:57

DD 10 just told me she cried after the last episode. Is it a very niche thing? She doesn't have any female friends who like it or any of its variants. I'd love her to have a friend Who has similar likes.

StarMaiden Mon 28-Mar-16 03:40:21

Yes my 11yo ds loves gravity falls.

I don't think he's seen the last episode yet, but has spent the whole weekend making dippers journal.

MissBeaHaving Mon 28-Mar-16 03:54:31

I've not heard of this,is it suitable for an 8 year old?
He we yawn is engrossed with Troop at the moment but only a few episodes left.

johnwinstonlennon Sun 26-Jun-16 18:58:09

my 10 year old child is fascinated by it as are his school mates -most of them are 9, he's the youngest-. I have watched almost every episode with him, it's a bit disturbing and dark at times. when weirdmaggedon starts it gets properly creepy, I just wanted to turn the bloody thing off but didn't know what to say. I thought it would make it worse if I said something. oh, he started waking up in the middle of the night -4 out of 7 a week roughly- and not wanting to be alone in a room by around the time he started watching gf... when he wakes up he says he's thirsty... yeah right..
I think it's scary because it tackles not only nightmarish other dimensional stuff -that pyramid bill is a mean bastard- and weird things -zombies, monsters, mean dwarves- but also mental health. weirdmaggedon surely shows those writers and animators know a thing or two about that.

johnwinstonlennon Sun 26-Jun-16 19:00:22

mabel and soos are adorable though. and waddles is too cute for words.

SestraClone Wed 29-Jun-16 17:32:41

Yes, my DS is fascinated by it and has taught himself how to play the theme tune on his keyboard.

SestraClone Wed 29-Jun-16 17:33:29

My DS is 8 btw, and has also made the journal and has bought Dippers hat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now