Employable Me

(8 Posts)
AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 24-Mar-16 10:38:59

Anyone else watch this last night?. Thought it was great.

WhirlwindHugs Thu 24-Mar-16 10:43:51

I really liked it - shows how much difference genuine skilled support to get a job that suits your strengths makes, as well as the open mindedness of the companies.

FantasticButtocks Thu 24-Mar-16 10:51:17

A wonderful programme, very moving.

BearFeet Thu 24-Mar-16 14:21:28

Got a lump in my throat when the man started playing the piano.

cankles Thu 24-Mar-16 18:03:26

thought it was excellent. only 15% of adults with autism are in full time employment. the photography was excellent, the piano playing and the speech made me cry x

FantasticButtocks Thu 24-Mar-16 19:18:53

The speech was wonderful! Made DH and I both blub, he had to leave the room to get a tissue and blow his nose. And when the boss man (who'd tried to stifle a blub during the speech) offered the job, SO glad. Both the man with Tourette's and the guy with autism were just so lovely, and it was painful to watch their afflictions and struggles. Some people just have such hard challenges to deal with sad

wideboy26 Thu 24-Mar-16 19:47:29

I found it heart warming. Just wish I could do something like that for people with those kind of conditions.

wohmum Fri 25-Mar-16 00:51:26

Really enjoyed it - in tears at the end when Brett was offered the job.

Wish more employers could see past the obvious . Life changing opportunities for both men and their families

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now