House of cards! Worth it??

(12 Posts)
MozzchopsThirty Fri 18-Mar-16 17:31:49

Just watched first episode and don't really 'get' it
Do I have to understand us politics??

Anything else I could be watching on Netflix??
I liked breaking bad, better call Saul. American horror story, the returned, got bored of Dexter
Thanks smile

MozzchopsThirty Fri 18-Mar-16 17:32:37

Oh yes OITNB too, loved that

MozzchopsThirty Fri 18-Mar-16 20:45:01

Bump

Wombat87 Fri 18-Mar-16 20:45:59

Yes. Watch it.

Piffpaffpoff Fri 18-Mar-16 20:53:34

Yes, persevere. It's very good.

YerTiz Fri 18-Mar-16 20:54:52

Yes - I was a bit WTF after the first episode, on season 4 now and it's very compelling!

honeysucklejasmine Fri 18-Mar-16 20:57:44

Yes worth it. Although I found season 3 pretty slow, 1 and 2 are superb.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Fri 18-Mar-16 20:58:16

Sooo worth it. Like Breaking Bad, it's a slow burner but once you're hooked, I can guarantee you'll be binge watching.

I also like the Scandi stuff, if it's still on Netflix - The Bridge, The Killing. We loved Making a Murderer too, though that's a long form documentary, not a drama.

MassiveStrumpet Fri 18-Mar-16 21:02:09

I think it's pretty good. I suppose there may be some American political terms that would be foreign to you.

I'd say my tastes in telly are similar to the OP's and I like the same shows she does - including getting bored of Dexter.

HoC isn't as good as OITNB, BB or BCS, but it's pretty good.

Pancakeflipper Fri 18-Mar-16 21:04:17

Keep going.

It builds up.

First episode of the second series made me drop my wine into a box of matchmakers. I was furious with Kevin Spacey.

Piffpaffpoff Fri 18-Mar-16 21:12:01

Yes, season 3 has a bit of a lull in it but season 4 is an absolute belter. I think knowing a bit about American politics helps with some of the storylines but overall you could follow the general story with no knowledge. There are gasp out loud moments all the way through.

MozzchopsThirty Fri 18-Mar-16 21:40:02

Ok thanks I'll watch the first episode again as I wasn't paying attention

Maybe orphan black too?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now