Talk

Advanced search

Steve Backshall's Extreme Mountain Challenge

(7 Posts)
NewYearSameMe Thu 17-Mar-16 20:41:30

I've just watched this on iPlayer. Amazing scenery and I have also developed a crush on one of Steve's team (Aldo Kane). <sigh>

ridingabike Mon 21-Mar-16 12:15:45

I found that wasp and spider unbelievable. I thought it was interesting that Charles Darwin struggled to accept that God could create such a thing.

(for those who didn't watch, a wasp stings the spider and effectively paralyses it, lays its eggs and the young grow in the spider, gradually eating it, but somehow know not to eat the vital organs so the spider stays alive to incubate the young)

Those adventurers are amazingly courageous.

NewYearSameMe Mon 21-Mar-16 14:55:41

They were all quite chilled about the fauna weren't they? I can't have been relaxing to sleep on a narrow ledge knowing that you're sharing it with scorpions.

That wasp was particularly grim though, it's not often that I feel sympathy for a tarantula but that's a horrible way to die. And the wasp was so huge, I think I probably would have headed back down-river at that stage. (I'm a wuss.)

slicedfinger Mon 21-Mar-16 14:58:23

It was brilliant.

The DDs are very keen climbers, but indoors only. Watching this made them decide it is always going to be indoors! grin

Palomb Mon 21-Mar-16 14:58:52

We loved this. My kids were both absolutely transfixed and DH actually put his phone down and watched it which is when you know something is good.

I have such a crush of Steve Backshall now though 😂

HeyMacWey Mon 21-Mar-16 14:59:35

I thought this was a great programme - the second episode in the caves made me feel v queasy. You could see that Steve was really having second thoughts about the whole thing!

Palomb Mon 21-Mar-16 15:08:24

Did you do caving at school? I did and it really put me off for life. I wouldn't crawl through a cave like that if there were a million pounds and Steve backshall at the end 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now