Talk

Advanced search

trapped - bbc4

(274 Posts)
SmallGreenBouncyBall Sun 14-Feb-16 22:15:48

feel cold after 1st episode.
nice interiors (apart from the police station).

thenightsky Mon 15-Feb-16 23:22:39

Just watched both episodes. I'm now hooked.

Surprised there isn't a big thread given how good it was.

MissWimpyDimple Mon 15-Feb-16 23:26:31

I watched and I'm looking forward to next week.

Nice to have a change of Nordic Noir.

Soooooo cold though!

DiscordiaVanDiemen Tue 16-Feb-16 13:08:30

I loved it (not keen on looking at all that snow though!)

MaynJune Tue 16-Feb-16 14:03:55

I loved it too.

Took the dogs out afterwards and was surprised not to walk into a blizzard.

Xmasbaby11 Tue 16-Feb-16 16:55:00

It was wonderful. Made me feel freezing though!

SmallGreenBouncyBall Tue 16-Feb-16 22:07:37

the ferry captain looks familiar. is he theis from the first killing?

RomComPhooey Tue 16-Feb-16 22:11:01

Yes Bouncy. Theis from The Killing 1.

Sixweekstowait Tue 16-Feb-16 22:43:24

loved it - and the long open front cardigans worn by two of the women - I want one -the new Sarah Lund jumper?

Missanneshirley Thu 18-Feb-16 23:42:48

Was it the ex wife cardie ? It was lovely! Does anyone else feel like they're watching fortitude again tho? This seems a million times better , but I did keep thinking Stanley tucci was going to pop up. What was the relevance of the couple dying in the fire st the start?

ouryve Thu 18-Feb-16 23:58:51

Just watched the first one. It was so cold that iPlayer froze and refused to play the second one.

Sixweekstowait Fri 19-Feb-16 00:49:57

There were two cardigans - ex wife and ?

SmallGreenBouncyBall Fri 19-Feb-16 07:17:05

I think the guy from the ferry, who everyone is avoiding, is the guy from the fire.
and I think there is a shrine to the woman in the police-chief parent's house?

Wheresthattomoibabber Fri 19-Feb-16 07:23:16

Other cardigan was policewoman. Yes there was a shrine - I have only watched the first episode though as DH keeps falling asleep and asked me not to watch further without him. I love it so will be operating a 3 strikes and he's out policy...

bluetrees Fri 19-Feb-16 07:23:35

The girl that died in the fire was the daughter of the police chief's in laws. That's why there are lots of her photos in their house. One of the chief suspects (the shifty one with the black hoody on) is the boy from the fire, he obviously escaped. But they seem to blame him for the fire so maybe he was a bit of a wrong 'un when he was a lad.

ouryve Fri 19-Feb-16 09:10:21

If DH falls asleep in front of the TV, he gets to catch up in his own time!

Missanneshirley Fri 19-Feb-16 09:33:15

I thought that was him! (Fire boy). So young girl in fire was police chief's ex's little sister?

SagaAndMartinsLiftConvos Fri 19-Feb-16 09:39:05

I was reminded of Fortitude too, with the snow and the being cut off and the new civic development that will supposedly make the community better off.

Poor Andri - I imagine the Reykjavik cops will be unimpressed by his having lost both the body and the suspect grin

Wonder what will happen to the two.daughters lost in the snow - will they be snatched by the escaped Lithuanian trafficker? But, I mean, the town is cut off, so where could he even go confused

Hope poor little Maggi has got somewhere warm sad

Cindy34 Fri 19-Feb-16 09:41:23

I need to watch episode 2. Have to find a time when no one else is around so I can concentrate... find subtitles need lots of concentration.

SmallGreenBouncyBall Fri 19-Feb-16 09:50:23

so you are not yet fluid in icelandic? wink

yes, those poor children, I hope they are found by the right families soon and don't stumble upon baddies or bodies.

Missanneshirley Fri 19-Feb-16 11:13:01

Isn't Icelandic so much harder to follow? I've watched most of the scandi things and can occasionally look away from the subtitles and still follow the gist of the conversation. Same with deutschland 83 and very rusty German. But I hadn't a clue with the Icelandic, and couldn't even match the spoken words to the subtitles! Very complicated sounding language.
Had forgotten about the new port - yes that was very fortitude!

RomComPhooey Fri 19-Feb-16 15:43:35

Icelandic has barely changed since the Vikings settled Iceland at the end of the C10th. Current Icelanders can read original 10th/11th century manuscripts & make sense of them. They could also converse with their Viking ancestors. They put it down to their relative isolation geographically. They also have excellent genealogy records and can trace their ancestors back to settlement - its now matched with a genetics database of the whole population. Many Icelanders are blood related - on Alexander Armstrong's recent Arctic voyage series, an interviewee said you have to check you're not too closely related before you get jiggy with another Icelander.

RomComPhooey Fri 19-Feb-16 15:48:54

Fortitude was crap BTW. This is much better - and in keeping with low key, pragmatic vibe we came across in Iceland. We've stayed in the remote fjord town that the Danish ferry comes into, Seydisfjordur, and the mountain pass was hairy enough (hairpin bends, long way down) in midsummer - there was still snow on the ground in July! I can well imagine it being cut off in winter. The programme is actually filmed in Siglufjordur on the north coast, though. Seydisfjordur was prettier.

SmallGreenBouncyBall Fri 19-Feb-16 16:13:06

tbf we haven't really seen much of the town because of the snow.

can you imagine the ferry crossing in such weather? must be stomach churning!

RomComPhooey Fri 19-Feb-16 18:25:55

It takes about 3 days on the outward leg from Copenhagen and the best part of a week on the return leg because it stops off in the Faroe Islands and possibly the Shetlands too. I may have googled...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now