Talk

Advanced search

Hidden homeless

(2 Posts)
Misty9 Tue 09-Feb-16 22:23:06

Anyone watch it? I thought he was actually quite a good presenter. I liked his honesty. It all left me feeling a bit hopeless though. What can we do to make a difference? sad the cuts to benefits for under 22s is going to be catastrophic. What is the rationale behind those exactly?!

TheRegularShow Wed 10-Feb-16 16:04:13

I liked the fact he wasn't afraid to tell Liam that he was stupid for running in the road rather than just filming and saying nothing.

I'm from that area and the railway arches/subways have a big homeless population, more than what was shown.

Local People originally were up in arms about the tents and mess etc left by the homeless but they thought it was a refugee camp so there was a lot of hostility but people began to learn the truth that it is Young British people on the streets they were shocked as they thought it wasn't that bad.

What was truly shocking that Jerome worked full time and was homeless as he couldn't afford a house in London.
David Cameron needs to see the effect of high rents and what it is doing to people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now