Talk

Advanced search

This Come Dine with Me Champions lark...

(3 Posts)
EssentialHummus Mon 01-Feb-16 18:24:50

is terrible, isn't it?

The gist seems to be to take previous winners and have them compete against each other, Masterchef-style, by cooking one another's recipes.

I like CDWM (yep, shoot me now), but this is shite. All the charm and confidence of cooking in their own homes has evaporated, and the Michelin star chef scoring them is neither here nor there. The on-screen presenter is a bit random. They aren't professional chefs, so watching them cook unfamiliar things isn't really entertaining.

What's happened? Have they actually (gasp) run out of willing participants? How long will this go on?

ArseholesOnToast Mon 01-Feb-16 20:40:37

Just watching it now (recorded it earlier - love cdwm so shoot me too). It is shite.

DH and I have a theory that soon everyone in the UK will have appeared on cdwm so maybe this is what's happened!

Hate couples cdwm more than this though.

EssentialHummus Mon 01-Feb-16 20:50:47

I think it'd be a better show if they did what I was imagining - take a selection of best/angriest thinking of shouty Peter /worst cooks, and pitted them against each other in their own homes. Though I appreciate that contestant 1 may be on the isle of Wight and contestant 2 may be in Hull or whatever, so there are minor logistical details to work out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now