Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Great Interior Design Challenge

(948 Posts)
Davros Sun 31-Jan-16 18:13:36

New series starts tomorrow, 7pm on BBC2. Anyone else in?

Upthenoonoo Sun 31-Jan-16 18:14:35

Yes I liked this last series, occasionally a bit too 'changing rooms' but there were some good ideas. Hadn't realised it was back on smile

foxessocks Sun 31-Jan-16 18:17:44

Love this!

ijustwannadance Sun 31-Jan-16 18:20:35

Thanks for the heads up.

Cocolepew Sun 31-Jan-16 18:21:42

Oh yay! I love this, thanks smile

annandale Sun 31-Jan-16 18:24:33

We cheered when we saw this was on - pleasantly undemanding telly with some genuine interest.

mupperoon Sun 31-Jan-16 18:31:11

Hooray! I looked for it at the end of last year and was sad that I couldn't find it. Like Tiny House Nation, it's one of those shows where you alternate between horror at the patronising hosts and pundits, and terror for the poor homeowners... Good TV!

GrouchyKiwi Sun 31-Jan-16 18:42:19

Thanks for the heads up. I mostly enjoyed last season. smile

SingSongSlummy Sun 31-Jan-16 19:09:38

Yay - I'm in this series. Terrified and excited. ...

Cocolepew Mon 01-Feb-16 18:41:59

In as in on?

Lurleene Mon 01-Feb-16 19:01:56

Woop - just started!

GrouchyKiwi Mon 01-Feb-16 19:04:14

I couldn't live in it, but I really like Sharon's house.

catwithflowers Mon 01-Feb-16 21:07:01

Loved some of the Japanese silk the guy used but thought the idea of the Irish linen was horrible. Even if he had had the time to cover the wardrobe and shelves neatly I still think it was a big mistake. I loved his own home though, so beautiful.

I actually didn't mind the Skandi design and preferred the way she displayed the photographs. My least favourite was the little girl's room. And the picture in the tennis racket frame was something a 3 year old would do!!! I didn't think it was very imaginative but it was much neater than before grin

Really liked the William Morris wallpaper in the colourful room but thought the blue and pink painted furniture was vile. Some beautiful rich mahogany would have been so much nicer.

catwithflowers Mon 01-Feb-16 21:08:04

SingSong, are you a designer or being 'made over'? Either way, how exciting grin

SingSongSlummy Mon 01-Feb-16 21:34:33

Being 'made over' cat (took place last August!).

Enjoyed tonight's, especially Sharon's room (but NOT the pink Ikea drawers! !)

ijustwannadance Mon 01-Feb-16 21:34:56

Just finished watching. Sharon's house is migraine inducing. I'm all for quirky but just too much going on in too many colours. Hers was also the room I liked least. The pink furniture looked like she had colour matched germoline!
The teenagers room was too boring. That to me was the one where you can afford to be a bit more daring and edgy. Too kidish.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Mon 01-Feb-16 21:35:31

I was looking forward to this but didn't like any of the rooms shock

GetSchwifty Mon 01-Feb-16 21:36:05

Oh damn I missed it. I really enjoyed the last two series.

Davros Mon 01-Feb-16 21:47:38

Argh! I can't believe I forgot about it. I will watch on catch up tomorrow

annandale Mon 01-Feb-16 22:27:25

Ooh we were gripped. i thought Frankie was the only one who made the room look less narrow, and generally loved his scheme, though that head height drawer was crazy. Loved the green and blue in Sharon's room but the pink was truly awful. I rather took against the flat owner that Jane had, but at the same time it was nice to have someone who actually expressed an opinion beforehand... i really didn't like the child's bedroom, if I'd paid interior design prices for that I'd have been well dischuffed.

catwithflowers Mon 01-Feb-16 22:31:09

SingSong you must let us know when your room is on. Are you allowed to say if you were pleased with the result?

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 01-Feb-16 22:37:20

I love this show - I'm so glad I found this thread!

SingSongSlummy Mon 01-Feb-16 23:10:40

I'm very near the end cat - it's certainly an interesting one. .!!!

catwithflowers Tue 02-Feb-16 07:42:17

Ooh sounds intriguing. Which room did they do? Can't wait. I do enjoy this show grin

SingSongSlummy Tue 02-Feb-16 19:12:37

Sitting room!

Worried about that dog wallpaper tonight! !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now