Talk

Advanced search

Adverts on Catch up - C4

(7 Posts)
CallieTorres Wed 06-Jan-16 10:35:52

Trying to watch the Come Dine with Me Sore Loser, and oh my god, how many adverts are there?

I get they need to make money but they need to sort out the 4+mins of advert breaks, this is why people download programmes illegally!!

And on that note, when you go to a news site, and they show you an advert LONGER than the clip you want to watch

ProfYaffle Wed 06-Jan-16 10:37:26

That's interesting, I watched the same episode on catch up yesterday and there were hardly any ads. I guess the publicity around it has pushed up the viewings and they've bunged more ads on.

FrChewieLouie Wed 06-Jan-16 10:37:56

Agreed. What absolutely enrages me is when they ask you to CHOOSE one of two crappy ads to torture yourself with. Like asking you to choose whether to stick pins or scissors in your eyes.

ProfYaffle Wed 06-Jan-16 10:38:21

I quite often watch old Ghost Adventures episodes on catch up and they're lucky to get one ad in the whole show. Makes me feel quite sorry for the unpopular little programme! grin

notquitehuman Thu 07-Jan-16 19:32:23

They tend to repeat the same ads a LOT. Like those annoying ads with the guy eating a chicken foot. Yeah lads, banter, Fosters mate.

JustRosieHere Sat 09-Jan-16 07:01:17

The sky go app is awful for advert. It plays the same ones every time so by the end of the programme all it's done is make me hate whichever company it was. I've started to download them and watch offline

AllMyBestFriendsAreMetalheads Sat 09-Jan-16 08:15:18

I don't mind a couple of adverts, but what annoys me is if you want to catch up on the second half of a programme. You have to watch all the ads before you can click to where you want to actually start watching. Then it will show you the same more adverts before you can actually watch.

After that, the page will go dodgy and it will decide it can't show the programme after all and please refresh. So you click refresh, and then have to go through all the adverts. Again.

I hate the Fosters adverts, it's not even Australian

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now