Silent Witness

(36 Posts)
HalleLouja Tue 05-Jan-16 09:53:11

Anyone else watching this?

I quite enjoyed it. Though made me jump out of my seat / hide behind my DH a few times.

I was very jealous of Nikki's lovely hair.

BaconAndAvocado Tue 05-Jan-16 21:09:22

Loving it here too!

The bit where the woman falls/gets thrown onto a car bonnet was very disturbing!

And, yes, Nikki's hair is very gorgeous!

RedRosie Tue 05-Jan-16 21:24:56

It is a bit, well ... Silly!

(although I agree about the hair)

HalleLouja Tue 05-Jan-16 21:37:33

I haven't watched today's yet. Mainly due to kids who won't sleep. But also DH is away until tomorrow.

firefly78 Tue 05-Jan-16 21:57:15

its bollocks really isnt it. how much nikki gets involved. irritates me everytime!!

Noeuf Tue 05-Jan-16 21:57:57

Her hair is horrible! Really bouffant!

Optimist1 Wed 06-Jan-16 07:48:45

You'd imagine that after her solo visit to Prof Roach's house ended so badly Nikki would have resolved not to impulsively follow things up without letting her colleagues/the police know. But no ... she invites Scott over (believing him to be a wrong'un) to her flat to get some of his DNA and then pops into the lawyer's office to confront her with the incriminating tapes that she lied to Jack about not finding . Nice hair or not, the woman's a liability!

bigbadbarry Wed 06-Jan-16 07:51:34

She really is. And if I thought somebody involved in a case I was working on had been in my flat, I would a/ ring the police and b/ go and stay with a friend. Except she doesn't have friends, does she, only ex-lovers - but if she can afford to wear lovely clothes when chopping up dead bodies and chasing about in the woods then I am quite sure she could cough up for a hotel. We love it but spend every episode telling her she should go back to work and stop doing everybody else's job!

987flowers Wed 06-Jan-16 11:15:10

I was shocked by the standards of acting in it. I'm episode 1 where she was having a coffee with Scott and she had to look preoccupied it was awful and liza tarbuck (who I think is great) was also shocking!

This said I really enjoyed it!

GruntledOne Wed 06-Jan-16 13:29:12

Last night's episode leaves me amazed that Nikki stays in her job. Not once, but twice, she trots off on her own to confront someone she believes has tried to kill her or massively discredit her, and she twice suppresses important evidence in the process. How could any credible pathology organisation continue to employ someone as unprofessional as that?

Lucymatilde Wed 06-Jan-16 13:58:55

Can't bear the programme myself. Lacks all credibility. I find the Irish guy the most irritating of the lot.

chickensaresafehere Wed 06-Jan-16 16:11:39

Liza Tarbuck cannot act,she was terrible!!
That aside I can't help but love SW but it's all a load of bollocks smile

HalleLouja Thu 07-Jan-16 07:55:52

I am not surprised Scott disappeared off back to Thailand. Nikki is a liability.

2rebecca Thu 07-Jan-16 12:42:00

What was a pathologist doing wandering round a hospital interviewing and giving evidence for someone who isn't dead?
That's police surgeons or forensic physicians not pathologists. Made more ridiculous by having 2 pathologists give opposing evidence on a living person's injuries. As a foetus died she may have been involved on a pm on that and called to give evidence about that aspect but wouldn't be giving evidence on someone still alive.

GruntledOne Thu 07-Jan-16 12:46:26

Quite apart from the lack of professionalism and the risk involved in confronting the lawyer, what irritates me is that they didn't even attempt to put forward a reason for it. There was at least some sort of logic, albeit stupid, for Nicky going to see her old lecturer on her own, but I can't see any reason whatsoever why she would have decided she needed to keep quiet about the tapes and confront the murderer all by herself. And she risked buggering up any prosecution by questioning the murderer without a formal caution and without the discussion being recorded.

firesidechat Thu 07-Jan-16 13:46:25

I quite enjoy Silent Witness, or rather, I did.

This weeks episode was even more ridiculous than usual. My husband never watches it, but happened to stay in the room to watch this episode. The conversation went as follows:

Husband - why did she just do that, it's silly?
Me - yes.
Husband - she's so unprofessional.
Me - I know.

Husband leaves the room.

I couldn't be bothered to argue in defence of such a bad storyline.

The itv series Unforgotten didn't need to write rubbish to make it interesting. Everyone behaved like a proper policeman/woman and it was still fascinating and compulsive viewing. Whoever writes Silent Witness should be sacked.

Oh and I hated her hair.

SymphonyofShadows Fri 08-Jan-16 11:49:37

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned but one thing that really annoys me is Nikki's flat. I know that block, it's right next to the Royal Albert Hall. There is no way she could afford to live there. A decent sized flat would cost at least £5m

Oogle Fri 08-Jan-16 12:08:44

It lost it's way for me when Harry left.

I stuck with it until Leo died.

I find the new guy ridiculously irritating, I quite like Jack and Clarissa but Nikki makes me feel stabby.

The amount of times she's nearly been killed is getting ridiculous. I think the show has had it's day to be honest.

SymphonyofShadows Fri 08-Jan-16 12:27:57

They completely changed Leo's character. He went from being happy with Janet to shagging everything with a pulse.

bigbadbarry Fri 08-Jan-16 12:34:59

It really has had its day. Surely there are some nice normal murderers out there who don't also have it in for the pathologist? Mind you, if she stuck to the pathology and stopped trying to do all the jobs...

HalleLouja Fri 29-Jan-16 10:54:31

I quite enjoyed this week's episodes. I know its not as good as it used to be but still quite tense and Jack might be growing on me. Plus I like Clarissa.

bigbadbarry Fri 29-Jan-16 10:57:01

I like Jack and Clarissa but am getting increasingly frustrated with Jack and Nikki wandering about, interviewing suspects and so forth. Was pleased this week to see some brief evidence that there are other crime scene people in London though!

HalleLouja Fri 05-Feb-16 10:53:05

For god sake this week was also ridiculous with Nikki investigating and them nearly getting killed. I did enjoy it but it is completely unbelievable.

HalleLouja Fri 05-Feb-16 10:53:36

Especially when Jack attacked the gun man. I know he is a cage fighter but the man had a gun ffs.

bigbadbarry Fri 05-Feb-16 12:18:20

Wasn't it ludicrous. Go back to the bloody lab and do some science! As for Nikki tramping about London (that ankle healed quick, didn't it) talking to the witnesses - surely a police job. No?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now