Talk

Advanced search

I've suddenly got access to UK terrestrial TV - what should I watch?

(9 Posts)
lborgia Tue 22-Dec-15 05:35:51

In a moment of doldrums, I was feeling very sorry that I was missing snowy "Christmassy to me" TV, actually cbeebies but that is just sad and did a bit of a google.

Found several services that for a small sum give you access to another country's tv.

So, it would seem I now have all of BBC channels, and ITV and C4, and C5.

I like dramas, comedies, not a fan of reality (don't hate me!), and I suppose good examples would be Luther (is there seriously a new series??) and actually I don't recognise any of the comedies on there at the moment, but started watching Cuckoo and gave up.

I will probably spend an ridiculous amount of time watching cbeebies, trying to persuade 6 yr old he wants to see Christmas Peppa etc.. but otherwise, something to watch with DH (or when wrapping sodding pigs in blankets)..

Thanks very much, and Happy Christmas! fgrin but fconfused

Lu

BrianCoxReborn Tue 22-Dec-15 06:31:33

I'm enjoying Josh at the moment (Josh Widdecome, Jack Dee and Beattie Edmonson) BBC

Car Share with Peter Kay is gentle and sometimes LOL funny. BBC

For reality tv I enjoy:

Police Interceptors. Ch 5
Paul O'Grady: For the Love of Dogs. ITV
Super Vet. Ch 4
Goggle Box. Ch 4 (round up of the weeks TV by Joe Public)
The Graham Norton Show. BBC

BrianCoxReborn Tue 22-Dec-15 06:32:01

Graham Norton isn't reality tv grin it's a chat show.

lborgia Tue 22-Dec-15 10:19:30

Thanks Brian, I love Graham Norton, and we get it here (although a couple of weeks late, so am looking forward to the Christmas special :-)

I've just seen Josh and Peter Kay on there, so will give them a go - and even though I think I don't like reality, maybe what I mean is Made in Chelsea/Kardashian type stuff? Paul O'Grady sounds great.

Anyone else?

BrianCoxReborn Tue 22-Dec-15 10:47:26

Ah I misread your OP, I thought it said you liked reality tv!

Destinysdaughter Tue 22-Dec-15 10:50:31

Comedies - Catastrophe or Peep Show on C4

goinggrey1978 Tue 22-Dec-15 10:59:47

anything on channel 4, there's plenty to choose from!!

BobandKate0 Tue 22-Dec-15 14:41:50

Toast of London is the only show i get excited about ,these dark dark days.

lborgia Wed 23-Dec-15 02:42:47

Ooh, thank you for those - Toast of London has to be a good idea for a homesick Londoner, even though I've no idea what it is.. Will go and watch now whilst wrapping presents :-) And yay, 6yr old and 10 yr old happy to get nostalgic with me and watch Christmas CBeebies !

Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now