Is The Man In The High Castle worth getting Amazon Prime for?

(17 Posts)
iklboo Mon 21-Dec-15 17:50:23

Although we'd probably cancel before the free trial ended anyway - but should we bother in the first place ?

All Christmas presents bought now so don't need free delivery anymore.

Bangkokbaby Mon 21-Dec-15 17:51:33

I've taken the free trial out specifically for this! Haven't managed to watch it yet though.

ThursdayLastWeek Mon 21-Dec-15 17:52:12

I haven't watched it yet, but Flesh and Bone is bloody good.

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Mon 21-Dec-15 17:59:32

A thousand times yes

Roseformeplease Mon 21-Dec-15 18:11:11

No. Very clever idea but really, really slow moving. Even bingeing, it feels slow.

TheHiphopopotamus Tue 22-Dec-15 22:13:11

No. I've watched three or four episodes and it's quite slow moving and, dare I say it, boring. The novelty comes, I think, from the idea of the Nazis winning the war but once you're over that- meh!

BendydickCuminsnatch Tue 22-Dec-15 22:19:27

Not seen it but there's loads I like on Amazon Prime - currently charging through Walking Dead and Transparent. AP and Netflix are basically all we watch! Also I probably order something with Prime delivery at least once a week blush

CMOTDibbler Tue 22-Dec-15 22:20:54

Its OK, am about 5 episodes in, and though I like Phillip K Dick I don't feel like its a good interpretation

iklboo Tue 22-Dec-15 22:29:46

Ah Transparent. There's another I want to watch.

Twinklestein Wed 23-Dec-15 08:00:49

AP is worth it just for itself. Free next day delivery is marvellous we use it all the time.

Also Outlander, Nashville, Black Sails - what's not to like?

CremeDeSudo Wed 23-Dec-15 09:56:07

Love Amazon Prime. Haven't seen High Castle yet but just finished Flesh and Bone and it was so good! Also loved Transparent. Season 2 is on my watchlist. I find the selection of cartoons really good for DS to watch in the mornings while we're trying to get ready and out of the house asap!

noblegiraffe Wed 23-Dec-15 10:06:59

Man in the High Castle was ok, although it looked stunning.

Mr Robot was way better.

CremeDeSudo Wed 23-Dec-15 10:35:19

Ah yes Mr Robot is also on my list! Love Christian Slater grin

ThursdayLastWeek Wed 23-Dec-15 11:15:46

Oh yes, I've had it about a month and DS has already had my monies worth of Peppa fucking Pig fgrin

iklboo Wed 23-Dec-15 14:31:35

Thanks - definitely a maybe for the new year then.

GardeningWithDynamite Wed 23-Dec-15 17:29:17

We've got AP - had it for a long time for deliveries - and found that we've started using it quite a bit. We tried the Man in the High Castle but found it a bit boring but we're currently enjoying Vikings. We also have Sky and have found that a lot of things on AP that we might want to watch aren't on Sky.

PickleSarnie Sat 02-Jan-16 22:20:18

Bloody loved Man in High Castle. First few episodes were quite slow but I ended up binge watching it all in about three evenings. Even stayed up past midnight on NYE for the first time in years to watch the last episode. Can't wait for the second season. Especially after that ending!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now