Talk

Advanced search

BBC sports personality

(71 Posts)
balletgirlmum Sun 20-Dec-15 19:32:09

Just turned over for Sound of Music please keep me updated

TheWoollybacksWife Sun 20-Dec-15 20:21:34

Tyson Fury has just been interviewed. There was a very mixed response from the audience. Gary Lineker was interviewing him and Fury towered over him. He is huuuuge.

I'm just watching a lovely piece by John McEnroe about Andy Murray who is the last nominee, so I assume voting will open soon.

I think I'll probably vote for Kevin Sinfield, but I loved the interview with Greg Rutherford - he seemed like fun.

laracroft2001 Sun 20-Dec-15 20:27:57

Voted Andy Murray and hope he wins. Would imagine they will win team of the year as well

GrouchyKiwi Sun 20-Dec-15 20:45:23

I voted for Jessica Ennis-Hill. I think her achievement this year is so impressive.

lastqueenofscotland Sun 20-Dec-15 20:46:11

I'd vote for Jess

I'm a massive mo Farah fan but I think she's really earnt it

glentherednosedbattleostrich Sun 20-Dec-15 20:46:48

Voted Lizzie, on DD's orders!

balletgirlmum Sun 20-Dec-15 20:48:51

Ds wants to vote for Lucy

LadyMaryofDownt0n Sun 20-Dec-15 20:51:20

Go on Michael Oneill, repping for NI. Great speech!

CremeEggThief Sun 20-Dec-15 21:04:24

Hurrah! Delighted for Andy Murray! fgrin

laracroft2001 Sun 20-Dec-15 21:06:06

Me too! Great guy!

bojorojo Sun 20-Dec-15 21:07:00

Andy Murray had a so so year and was part of a team!! He has won it before so this is just ridiculous. Better achievement than Mo??? Really ? No but got the Scottish vote.

Behooven Sun 20-Dec-15 21:09:44

Yay, so glad Andy won - obviously he got the British vote as he is the outstanding sportsman individually and team-wise

shadowfax07 Sun 20-Dec-15 21:10:03

Someone should have told Tyson Fury and his wife that they should smile when the winner was announced. Their expressions were highly amusing. grin

Behooven Sun 20-Dec-15 21:15:09

Indeed 'furious'

SauvignonBlanche Sun 20-Dec-15 21:15:48

tbgrin

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Sun 20-Dec-15 21:17:55

The camera lingering on fury and Mrs drugs face was cracking.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Sun 20-Dec-15 21:18:15

Fury not drugs fblush

Mrsmorton Sun 20-Dec-15 21:20:27

majestic wondered if you had an inside line there (no pun intended). Gotta love autococonut

2rebecca Sun 20-Dec-15 21:50:23

Excellent result though we didn't vote, too busy decorating the tree. Yes Murray was part of a team but I doubt the Davis cup would be ours without him. Can't remember what Mo Farrow did this year and haven't forgiven him for not bothering with the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. Had never heard of Tyson Fury until the tabloid stuff.

2rebecca Sun 20-Dec-15 21:51:11

Farah

jay55 Sun 20-Dec-15 23:11:09

Gutted the women footballers didn't win the team award.

bojorojo Sun 20-Dec-15 23:23:49

Mo Farah won the 5000 and 10000m at the world championships. This follows him winning 2 gold medals at the London Olympics. What Brit has ever done that before? We actually had someone win the Tour de France for a second time! That was unthinkable until a few years ago. The Davis Cup is determined by what players decide to show up - Switzerland won when both Federer and Stan W turned up. If Murray had actually won a grand slam, I would get it, but he is so far behind Djockovic it is embarrassing. If people on this thread do not know the contenders, then it is somewhat worrying - obviously not sports fans! Now who is A P McCoy?

bojorojo Sun 20-Dec-15 23:29:00

Sadly the women's football team were third in the World Cup. Not really good enough to win. Win the WC next time and they may stand a chance but the number of people viewing is low and the quality of football is also pretty low - from what I saw - and is littered with mistakes and errors añd not enough creative play. Full marks for trying hard though.

2rebecca Sun 20-Dec-15 23:51:36

I think you can be a sports fan without being a fan of all sports. I'm more of a sports doer than watcher and am selective about which sports I watch and read about. I agree Chris Froome winning the T de F twice is a great achievement but he's a Kenyan who lives in Monaco and rarely comes to the UK regardless of his passport. I don't see him retiring here.

tthisisgettingboring Sun 20-Dec-15 23:55:16

I think Mo should have won really. His achievements are amazing although I did actually vote for Jessica Ennis-Hill as I think coming back so spectacularly from having a baby was so inspirational.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now