Talk

Advanced search

Hachi

(9 Posts)
Ineedtimeoff Sun 20-Dec-15 14:58:10

Anyone else blubbing like a baby?

sadwidow28 Sun 20-Dec-15 16:09:25

I took DN to see that at the cinema. He whispered, "Aunty SW, are you crying?" The tears were dripping off my chin!

He then wanted the DVD for his bedroom at my house. I couldn't walk in to check on him when he was watching that without welling up.

Madbengalmum Sun 20-Dec-15 16:59:08

Made the mistake of watching it again, itis a lovely film and i have an akita and i just sit there and absolutely blub my eyes out. It is such a lovely story about a wonderful breed of dog.

Ineedtimeoff Sun 20-Dec-15 17:31:20

in Edinburgh we have Grey Friars Bobby. It's a similar story where the dog would go and sleep on it's owners grave and he kind of became the town's dog where everyone would look after him.

There is a film about him that is in black and white. The church summer club use to play it every Thursday during the school holidays. I remember walking home from watching the film as a young girl crying my eyes out. I'm such a cry baby!

sadwidow28 Sun 20-Dec-15 17:47:47

Well I do think think my DN was affected in his own way. I had arranged with his DM that I would take him for a meal after the cinema and if he chose fast-food, she was okay with that. DN was looking forward to the whole cinema/meal experience. However, we got out of the cinema and I asked him for his choice but he said, "No. I think we should go straight home and you cook for us because DDog (mine) will be missing us." He couldn't stop cuddling DDdog all night.

I have also seen the film Grey Friars Bobby - that really affected me as a child.

Ineedtimeoff Sun 20-Dec-15 21:09:55

Oh Sad, that's very sweet. your DN sounds lovely and caring. we really under value empathy and a caring nature.

Davros Sun 20-Dec-15 23:25:17

It's a great film. I watched it once, never again. I bawled and felt wretched!

MrsJayy Mon 21-Dec-15 09:45:29

I couldnt watch it yesterday i watched it a few years ago and I sobbed proper sobs and it took me ages to compose myself dd1 watched it and was in bits i had warned her,

MrsJayy Mon 21-Dec-15 09:47:43

Oh sadwidow thats lovely and it set me off glad im in the kitchen reading this and not on the bus <sniff>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now