Talk

Advanced search

Disappointed with the Peep Show finale

(11 Posts)
InTheBox Thu 17-Dec-15 10:29:26

I think they've had their time. As much as I've always loved the show last night's finale was rather disappointing. Granted it ended as it started with Mark and Jez still together without much ado but it still all felt at times forced and a bit meh. Perhaps that's what they were going for.

Any other fans thought similar?

BatteryHenPecked Thu 17-Dec-15 10:36:26

I thought it was quite good and the last couple of lines perfectly summed up Mark and Jez's relationship- Jez loves him, Mark needs rid. I do think it'd have been better if they'd have both ended by saying 'I'm his one' as a no to previous series and hunts for the perfect woman.

Incidentally, the first episode didn't start with them together without much ado. It started with Mark eating crisps at work. I think. Geek.

I thought the whole of the last series was a bit 'meh' and quite far-fetched. A bit disappointed TBH.

BatteryHenPecked Thu 17-Dec-15 10:36:55

^ as a nod

MrsLogicFromViz Thu 17-Dec-15 22:38:36

It was traditional sitcom ending - the main characters are still stuck in the same situation with one another.

mellowyellow1 Fri 18-Dec-15 09:15:03

I thought it was great, the whole last series has been really good and back to being really funny again!

BrianButterfield Fri 18-Dec-15 09:16:32

I thought it was really good and the right sort of ending. I watched the last two at the same time though and Sophoe sliding drunkenly into the ball pool was so funny.

Twinklestein Fri 18-Dec-15 14:17:05

I thought they should have taken the last series into dark Morecambe and Wise territory. Sharing a bedroom and accepting they will always only have each other.

Otherwise it's a bit like keeping Harry Potter at age 12 forever.

Figgygal Fri 18-Dec-15 14:21:55

I liked it but last weeks at the softplay was better

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Fri 18-Dec-15 14:24:08

They need to do an update in 15 years where they're like Richie & Eddie from Bottom.

Davros Sun 20-Dec-15 12:46:48

Loved it

Nettletheelf Tue 22-Dec-15 06:43:02

Super Hans was in it loads, which always makes for a good Peep Show episode.

I kind of knew that it wouldn't work out for Mark and that he and Jez would be in that flat forever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now