Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think series 9 of Peep Show is shite?

(16 Posts)
TheWatchersCouncil Sun 13-Dec-15 12:39:13

Been re-watching earlier series in between the current episodes. I don't think it is a poor imitation of what went before.... sad

Anyone else?

LaurieFairyCake Sun 13-Dec-15 13:12:39

This weeks episode was fantastic - with Olivia Coleman it fucking rocks

She's just a brilliant actress and really fucking funny

HariboFrenzy Sun 13-Dec-15 13:14:09

I agree with Laurie, this weeks episode had me laughing out loud

whatdoIget Sun 13-Dec-15 13:28:44

It's been better than I thought it would be and have also laughed out loud at it. I was a bit scared to watch it in case it was rubbish but have really enjoyed it

TheWatchersCouncil Sun 13-Dec-15 14:15:17

Maybe just me then!

Eminybob Sun 13-Dec-15 14:18:11

I think it's brilliant. I was worried that it wouldn't live up to the awesomeness of the previous seasons but I think it's definately on a par.

Owllady Sun 13-Dec-15 14:18:15

I've found it funny but i always cringe as much as i laugh

MrsLogicFromViz Sun 13-Dec-15 18:23:41

I think that it's great and hugely funny. Certain episodes of the middle series were a bit hit and miss though.

Ughnotagain Sun 13-Dec-15 18:27:29

I've actually really enjoyed this series. Much better than some others I think!

notquitehuman Tue 15-Dec-15 11:51:35

It's been pretty much the same for me. I feel it's time the show came to an end as it's getting a bit repetitive.

Olivia Coleman was fab. Wonder if she came on Mumsnet to get inspiration for Sophie? grin I'd love to get drunk at soft play!

MadHattersWineParty Tue 15-Dec-15 22:15:58

It's not just you!

I've watched it from the very start, and know series 1-4 pretty much word for word.

Not enjoying this series. I just don't think the characters are behaving like themselves, and people crop up randomly just for awkward storylines, like April and her husband and the dinner party, where they didn't have any booze yet... No one nipped down to Costcutters. I don't know, it's just little things but I'm just not buying it. I'll watch it to the bitter end though.

bigbadbarry Tue 15-Dec-15 22:17:09

I don't think it is as good as the earliest ones but it is significantly better than the last few! I loved the dinner party.

sooperdooper Tue 15-Dec-15 22:18:14

I've been enjoying this series, Super Hans' stag party decending into squalor after one pint was hilarious!

Ubik1 Tue 15-Dec-15 22:19:28

I loved the dinner party one. I was hyperventilating by the end.

Owllady Tue 15-Dec-15 22:37:57

I think my neighbour knew I enjoyed the dinner party one grin
God it was so funny. Especially the eye thing!

whatdoIget Tue 15-Dec-15 22:53:51

Yes the eye thing! "I understood that eye shadow was fashionable for men, but I seem to have been misinformed"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now