Talk

Advanced search

X FACTOR- It's Semi Final week! Sadly, the theme is not 'Lionel Ritchie' :-(

(591 Posts)
Raahh Sat 05-Dec-15 11:47:41

It's 'Songs that will get me to the final' or 'Just sing any old shit, there are two weeks left, and Simon wants to be on a yacht somewhere.'

Here is what they will be performing-

Ché Chesterman
Would I Lie To You? - Charles & Eddie
Love Is A Losing Game - Amy Winehouse

Lauren Murray
Runnin' (Lose It All) - Naughty Boy Ft. Beyoncé & Arrow Benjamin
Best Of My Love - Emotions (Ella Eyre version)

Louisa Johnson
The Power Of Love - Frankie Goes To Hollywood (Gabrielle Aplin version)
It's A Man's Man's Man's World - James Brown (Christina Aguilera version)

Reggie 'N' Bollie
Locked Away - R City Ft. Adam Levine
I Gotta Feeling / I Like To Move It - Black Eyed Peas / Reel 2 Real

Just when you thought SpagBollie couldn't get worse- they do. 'I like to Move it'- this reminds me of King Julian in 'Madagascar' Or Zig and Zag. (Who were one of Simon's first big 'acts' dontcha know.). grin I suppose there aren't many lyrics to actually sing.

I think Lauren is in danger because- Louisa is being pushed as the winner, and getting rid of Spag Bollie would probably cause Princess Chezza to throw a hissy fit. At least she's moved on from Mariah and Whitney... to Beyonce.

Aeroflot will be wanting to make up for not knowing the words to 'Hello'- but Charles and Eddie??! The only thing that will make up for this, is if he wears a long black Charles (or was it Eddie? ) wig.

I have to go to my dds' Christmas fayre at school. Humbug.
I am hoping to win enough alcohol to make tonight bearable grin

See y'all later.

winecakechocolate

The80sweregreat Sat 05-Dec-15 14:55:27

Raahh, thank you for line up ( where do you get the info from? ! )
Love is a losing game is one of my favouite songs, Amy was a rare talent in my humble opinion, those words. Despite everything else!
I doubt Che will bring the emotion it needs
Best of my love is also a good song.
I think Lauren is our young winner this year.
Unless the public really do vote for spag bollie in a huge huge way!
Have wine, but got to work tomorrow at ten, so being good.

Raahh Sat 05-Dec-15 16:54:33

80s- I usually look on a site called TellyMix, sometimes Digital spy.

I agree that Amy was a one off. A tragic waste, really. I think sometimes Aeroflot lacks a bit of oomph.

The bottle tombola conspired against me, and I won a bottle of orange squash, some fizzy Vimto <bleurgh> and a bottle of water. sad. Someone donated ketchup. I know it is a bottle tombola, but really?! It beats the year I won a toy duck. How can you mistake a toy duck for a bottle?

Dh came up trumps and won me a bottle of gin. grin I'm not a big gin drinker, but am willing to rest it out. grin And after years, this year they weer not allowed to sell mulled wine. It was the only reason I went sad

I hope SpagBollie go. I really don't want to see Chezza trying to dance again. Or any dancing again. The whole 'flood the stage with people' thing is getting really boring.

LouisaWhoIsSEVENTEEN is singing one of my favourite songs, Power of Love, forever associated with Christmas, even though it isn't actually a Christmas song. Much as I actually like Gabrielle Aplin, I'm not fond of her watered down version. But I did like the JL Snowman ad.

theredlion Sat 05-Dec-15 16:56:47

place marking had a hectic day and I've still got a present drop off to do for visiting relatives before I can don my pyjamas and make a dent in the sofa.
I'll be on the Christmas Baileys tonight.

I think Louisa will win.

See you later <dons family-proof hard hat>

The80sweregreat Sat 05-Dec-15 17:06:51

Raahh, love a G and T and a slice!
Well done to your dh, never win raffles ( or the lottery)
Ketchup! Probably child told mum the day before the drop off for donations and this was all she had..!
Stritcly on tonight too.. Can it get any better?
( if i win the lottery it would i guess)
X

Colliejollychristmas Sat 05-Dec-15 17:30:46

Hello all!

Looking forward to tonight's show. Hoping I don't offend any lurkers this week fwink

Debbriana1 Sat 05-Dec-15 17:40:24

Good choices all round. I can't wait. How is all connected to Lionel Ritchie

Debbriana1 Sat 05-Dec-15 17:44:30

I hope reggae and b , and Lauren songs don't disappoint. Both che and Louisa's songs have been over done to death. I like to move, used to be my clubbing song and all the black eyed peas songs. Lost of energy and it should be alight.

I absolutely love running by Beyoncé.

dustarr73 Sat 05-Dec-15 17:44:34

Well i call them Reggie N Bollix much better sound.

Raahh Sat 05-Dec-15 18:33:00

I purchased my bottle donation on Tuesday, to take to pyjama day on Wednesday (pouring rain, gale force winds, excellent pj weather- had to use dd2's new Christmas pyjamas as her others aren't fit to be worn outside.angry Which is kind of the point of pyjamas). Tuesday was a rubbish day, so I drank the wineblush.

I took a bottle in late Wednesday, after an extra trip to the shops. I admitted why I was late with it to the teacher who gave me a wry 'I don't blame you' smile. grin

The80sweregreat Sat 05-Dec-15 19:06:29

Schools just love dressing up days dont they? Maybe x factor should do a dressing up day theme?

theredlion Sat 05-Dec-15 19:07:21

I'm back, phew.
Hello everyone fgrin

Raahh huzzah for DH and his gin but tomato sauce, what's that about?

Collie I had to look at last weeks thread to see what you meant about offending lurkers. Golly. I don't take a cab very often but when I do the drivers are always lovely.

I think R&Bollix might go this week but I'm crap at predictions so it could be any of them really.

The80sweregreat Sat 05-Dec-15 19:14:37

I forgot snout the cabby thread. They are nice round here too. They have a tough time of it i think. I couldn't do tht job!

Raahh Sat 05-Dec-15 19:18:33

X Factor dressing up week - that would be fun.

Like book week- dress to match the lyrics of your favourite song. Like Pan's People and their literal dances.

TheFirstNoelHeadbands Sat 05-Dec-15 19:19:58

Evening all

I'm ashamed to say I also drank the Bottle Stall wine, and get this, replaced it with a 2l asda Lemon and Lime drink blush

Don't worry collie I also offended the lurkers last week, unintentional but well...meh.

Raahh Sat 05-Dec-15 19:24:06

Noel- I like your style.

the bottle I replaced mine with was a cheap 8% job.

It has however cost me about £30 today at the fayre not all of it on bottle tombola tickets grin

TheFirstNoelHeadbands Sat 05-Dec-15 19:28:50

Yep I spent about £20 quid in less than 15 mins yesterday, however ours was a bottle pull, and my three quid outlay on that netted me a bottle of tesco white Zinfandel grin which like, has alcohol in, so I was quite chuffed

NoisyBrain Sat 05-Dec-15 19:31:59

Evening all, we have no visitors this weekend and I'm not going Out, so am free to bitch away here, woohoo!

I have wine, DH is cooking and we're working our way through the Christmas Kettle Chips. Life is good.

I like SpagBollie as a NN. Cheryl's 'dancing' was cringeworthy last week.

The80sweregreat Sat 05-Dec-15 19:35:15

Pans people, legs and co. ruby flipper. Hot gossip. X needs them all!

nancy75 Sat 05-Dec-15 19:40:26

Evening everyone, I missed most of last week due to DH and his ridiculous need to have dinner when he got in from work (doesn't he realise how important x factor is? If we were married i'd be asking for a divorce!)

Raah not much of a gin lover here but in the event of an x factor semi final i firmly believe any drink is better than none - needs must and all that!

Now did i read this right - Aeroflot is singing a Charles & Eddie song? Really? Of all the songs ever made the best they can come up with is Charles and Eddie? Give. Me. Strength.

Colliejollychristmas Sat 05-Dec-15 19:58:55

Oh yeah! Cheryl's "dancing" grin I had forgotten about that!!

Raahh Sat 05-Dec-15 20:00:29

I'm so very glad the Binbags went.

nancy75 Sat 05-Dec-15 20:00:31

Surprised they didn't show the bin bag fainting in horror at being sent home

The80sweregreat Sat 05-Dec-15 20:01:34

Whatever happened to Charles n Eddie!
We need to know

Raahh Sat 05-Dec-15 20:02:05

Lionel Ritchie!

I'm so sad we have been robbed of Lionel Weeksad. 'Songs to get me to the final' is just shit as a 'theme'.

oh look- they've stolen SpagBollie's dancers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now