Talk

Advanced search

Kirstie's Handmade Christmas.

(15 Posts)

Was that Chinello, from Great British Sewing Bee, making stockings with the blessed St Kirstie of Crafting?

I know Kirstie is a bit marmite - but I do enjoy watching her craft programmes, and am very jealous that she gets to have a go at so many things I would love to do, but can't.

WannabeLaraCroft Tue 01-Dec-15 20:30:19

I've just tuned in. I like her but that crocheted Xmas tree? WTF??

TheSpottedZebra Tue 01-Dec-15 20:30:23

It was indeed Chinelo. I love her.

Last year this programme MADE me buy some pompom makers. I found them when I was having a rootle around in my Xmas box a few days ago. Unused.

I learned how to make pom-poms a couple of years ago. For some reason, it's something I never learned before now.

I do remember making them at school, using 2 circles of cardboard, but no-one told me I had to carry on winding wool,on until it was really tight in the centre, so it wouldn't fall apart when cut, giving you time to tie it up properly - and I didn't learn the secret until I was nearly 50!blush

TheSpottedZebra Tue 01-Dec-15 20:51:51

Yeah, but...

You can get these really nifty gadgets that make it so easy! Honest!

TheSpottedZebra Tue 01-Dec-15 20:52:56

looky looky. You know you want one...

Great British Pot-Off next!

TheSpottedZebra Tue 01-Dec-15 21:03:13

I'm watching that too!
Ooh, I am so arty today grin

TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 01-Dec-15 22:48:34

Just watched Kirstie on catch up.

Is it just me or did spray painting the Christmas tree make it look a bit ... dead?

NeededANameChangeAnyway Tue 01-Dec-15 22:51:56

That was awful. Not watching it next week [disappointed]
The gold Xmas tree looked dead to me and those horrible creepy little elves?!? <shudder>

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 10-Dec-15 17:29:10

Is this a repeat or a new series?

TheSpottedZebra Thu 10-Dec-15 17:44:23

Tis new! But the pompom clip I attached before was from old series.

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 10-Dec-15 17:54:31

Oh right, I assumed it was a repeat so didn't watch - I'll have to catch up!

But pompoms don't need a fancy maker, just cardboard rings!

dingit Thu 10-Dec-15 17:56:41

Made me want to go back to Vienna in winter santa

RockNRollNerd Sat 12-Dec-15 12:28:08

After watching her a couple of years ago DH got me some of those pompom makers as a stocking filler. Nieces and DS spent all NYE making pompoms - it looked like the Tribbles had taken over the house! fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now