Talk

Advanced search

The Toy Show on RTE 1

(10 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sun 29-Nov-15 21:36:46

Anybody watch it, this annual distinctly Irish pre Christmas show.
Younger dcs love it.

crookedhooker Sun 29-Nov-15 21:45:03

Not in years. Used to watch it my my lovely father. Don't think I've watched it since he died. Didn't have RTE for a while though.

Loraline Sun 29-Nov-15 21:53:31

I tried to watch it online but the RTE international app requires a paid subscription and I want that enthused.

MaudGonneMad Sun 29-Nov-15 21:55:01

I watched it today on rte player (not the international one) - no subscription required.

It was fabulous!!

Loraline Sun 29-Nov-15 21:59:06

I think they charge to watch programmes live by you can watch shows after they've aired for free.. Must watch it. grin

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sun 29-Nov-15 22:01:47

I watched it with my older DC's on Friday night who thoroughly enjoyed it.

I hope they have wonderful happy memories of nights like this when they've grown up smile

I remember watching it with my late parents when I was a child, happy times!

Scarletforya Sun 29-Nov-15 22:02:20

I watched it. It was really good. Tubridy was great, I loved the opening number. I also loved the small farmer with his crack about the IFA and his rap!

MaudGonneMad Sun 29-Nov-15 22:05:24

I didn't like the rapping farmer boy at all. Much preferred the other farmer lad from Tipp with the nod.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sun 29-Nov-15 22:10:23

Last year's show when Ed Sheeran surprised his young fan takes some beating though? It was heartwarming stuff.

youtu.be/c6ONH3f5Wsk

MaudGonneMad Sun 29-Nov-15 22:16:44

Aww gawd. He was SO nice. What a sweetheart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now