Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Netflix v Sky v Amazon Prime

(7 Posts)
FellOffMyUnicorn Thu 26-Nov-15 10:29:28

ok... i currently pay sky LOADS of money for tv, broadband and phone

I dont really watch much on sky tv, would it be worth switching to Netflix or similar

I have 1 chromecast, do i need another stick or do Netflix give you one?

any experts out there?

Twistedheartache Thu 26-Nov-15 10:33:13

Following - considering bt TV & now TV as well to get channels I currently actually watch on sky

OfflineFor40Years Thu 26-Nov-15 10:39:58

I've got all three at the moment; Netflix is great for certain series but not so good for films. I like it and think it's worth the small-ish monthly fee.

I took up Amazon prime last week, mainly for the delivery but also to check out the films etc - I'm not very impressed tbh. The films are fairly limited and most of the series seem to be fairly old ones that I've already seen on Sky.

I was hoping to give up Sky as it's now ridiculously expensive but DH likes a specific sport that we couldn't get elsewhere, and the movies are pretty good too.

scaredofthecity Thu 26-Nov-15 10:43:58

Err yes! We have all three for about £20 a month, and personally I like nowtv the best, although my DH watches a lot a prime I have seen all I want to watch and they're really slow at putting new stuff up.
We don't watch live TV at all and I much prefer it!
We use the ps3 downstairs and apple TV upstairs, although apple TV is pretty rubbish and I wouldn't recommend it. You would need a chrome cast type thing for every TV.
They all do free trials so why not try it with your chrome cast and see what you think

FellOffMyUnicorn Thu 26-Nov-15 11:00:27

just looking at my sky tv bill

ffs!!!

Sky Multiscreen£11.25
Variety HD£41.25
Sky Fibre Unlimited£20.00
Sky Talk Line Rental£16.40
1571 - Voicemail£1.00

£52.50 a month! for tv in 2 rooms! not even premium!!

FellOffMyUnicorn Thu 26-Nov-15 11:01:15

i could have both netflix AND amazon for that price

FellOffMyUnicorn Thu 26-Nov-15 11:36:00

just spoken with Sky - and they have reduced my broadband/phone/tv to £48.65 a month, and sending a wifi thingy for the tv so i dont have to get an extn installed

we have the better broadband, so i'm ok with that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now