Talk

Advanced search

Christmas telly: any hints yet?

(12 Posts)
MorrisZapp Sun 22-Nov-15 21:58:43

I'm hoping for a lush, cameo packed Dickens or similar. A gripping murder mystery. Any quality drama really.

Sparklingbrook Sun 22-Nov-15 22:07:21

So far only the SCD special <yawn>. Is there Downton?

whitershadeofpale Sun 22-Nov-15 22:10:24

I can't remember what it's called but there's going to be a Dickens' drama where characters from all different novels interact. It looked quite good.

whitershadeofpale Sun 22-Nov-15 22:11:40

Here you go www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3318918/What-Dickens-Miss-Havisham-look-ravishing-Great-Expectations-spinster-gets-youthful-makeover-new-TV-drama.html

MorrisZapp Sun 22-Nov-15 22:27:37

What, no apology for the Daily Mail link? smile

OMG Dickesian looks like all my Christmases come at once! Massively excited about that, brilliant to have something to anticipate.

Will stock up on Baileys.

whitershadeofpale Sun 22-Nov-15 22:37:24

Well I thought the link made it clear so no need to warn wink

I think it looks like perfect Christmas telly. I'm looking forward to Downton and the Sherlock special. I hope there's a Call The Midwife too. Can you tell I like a period Christmas? grin

ShelaghTurner Sun 22-Nov-15 23:02:27

Call the Midwife is on Christmas Day. Other than that I neither know nor care! grin

The80sweregreat Mon 23-Nov-15 14:13:46

I bet there is a fight in the Queen Vic!
And most of the TV will be a re run of last year..

SymphonyofShadows Wed 25-Nov-15 12:46:57

I'm hoping there will be a BBC scary drama, like Whistle and I'll Come To You or that Michael Palin series Remember Me that was on last Dec.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 25-Nov-15 21:47:04

Any ideas on what will be The Big Christmas Day Film?

The family one and the evening one?

(Probably something comppletely un festive )

scarlets Sat 28-Nov-15 15:55:52

I'm hoping for a Last Tango in Halifax ep. Also, Mr Selfridge.

There will definitely be an adaptation of And Then There Were None, which I'm looking forward to.

I think there's a Back in Time for Dinner too.

I like the Christmas episodes of things like Pointless, Only Connect.

NewLife4Me Sat 28-Nov-15 16:00:18

It will more than likely be the same pap as usual.
Downton, Call the midwife, Dr Who, Queens speech, repeats of things from this year, grumpy old men/women, a few old films, costume drama.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now