Michael J Fox in a good wife

(29 Posts)
Suzietwo Fri 20-Nov-15 22:34:35

He really is superb isn't he

See also, Alan Cummings

chipsandpeas Fri 20-Nov-15 22:36:34

both are brilliant imo

tribpot Fri 20-Nov-15 22:46:21

He's brilliant. I love that he's playing a 'bad' guy (although his role is more complicated than that). Alan Cumming is superb.

MooPointCowsOpinion Fri 20-Nov-15 22:46:59

Both amazing!

diddl Sat 21-Nov-15 08:46:22

He is fabulous.

It's so sad to see him so frail.

Love Alan Cummings as well.

tribpot Sat 21-Nov-15 08:54:05

MJF's book Lucky Man is well worth a read - I think he is doing better than he feared he might be at this stage. He was diagnosed more than 20 years ago - at that point he thought he might be able to work for another 10 years.

Lweji Sat 21-Nov-15 08:57:37

Not seen him in this but I have spotted him in various appearances over the years and I have to admire him.

I was with someone yesterday who explained about his dad with Parkinson's and it really brings home how lucky and probably (don't know particulars about his disease) brave MJF has been.

brittanyfairies Sat 21-Nov-15 11:25:01

They are both so great, I do get excited when I see MJF's name appear at the beginning of the episode.

As guest actors who pop up now and then I also like Tom Hanks' wife, Rita Wilson, Mamie Gummer who is Meryl Streeps' daughter and Martha Plimpton (but she hasn't been in it for ages which is a shame).

The supporting actors are what makes The Good Wife in my opinion.

wickedwaterwitch Sat 21-Nov-15 11:28:32

I love The Good Wife. I'm not watching the latest series as I'm waiting for all of it to be available some can binge watch.

wickedwaterwitch Sat 21-Nov-15 11:29:49

Oh I didn't know she was Tim Hanks wife

tribpot Sat 21-Nov-15 14:21:05

Yep, Rita Wilson is fabulous, Martha Plimpton and MJF were a total dream team when they appeared together.

I hadn't realised Nancy Crozier was played by a Gummer, she is less of a complete Meryl lookalike than Grace Gummer, who was great in Smash.

I also love Elsbeth Tascioni, it's a shame they haven't had more of their top notch guest stars of late.

lalamumto3 Sat 21-Nov-15 14:29:31

Agh I had not realised there was a new series, when did the new series start, and on what channel ?

Thanks

calzone Sat 21-Nov-15 14:31:02

You bummer!!

I missed this too! When is it on?

glorious Sat 21-Nov-15 14:39:34

Is it just in the States so far? Hope not but couldn't find details.

Laquila Sat 21-Nov-15 14:42:34

Agh I love MJF but hate his character in The Good Wife! I'm still furious at all his double-crossing. Does anyone know when the new series will be on Netflix? hopeful

calzone Sat 21-Nov-15 14:49:00

Oh bummer not you bummer smile

tribpot Sat 21-Nov-15 14:50:25

Not started in the UK yet, expected early 2016.

Laquila Sat 21-Nov-15 15:59:02

Ah thanks Tribpot. Actually having looked at that link. I think I'm behind - we've seen to the end of season 5, but missed season 6 on More4 and it isn't on Netflix, and we're too stingy to pay for it on Amazon...

Floundering Sat 21-Nov-15 17:21:36

LOVE his character & the way he is so manipulative esp with Alicia. Also makes me laugh the way he plays the disability card when it suits him too, very naughty.

I have read in the past about how MJF has to usually time his filming in short spurts after taking his meds so his tremors aren't so obvious but I guess in this role it wasn't an issue. Def some scenes he was worse than others which was in character but very brave of him to expose himself like that.

I have always loved Alan Cumming but having initially only been a guest role they've allowed his character to expand, I love him !

in fact, I'm a GW groupy, think its a fab series. grin

Suzietwo Mon 23-Nov-15 17:08:36

i had no idea that streeps daughter was nancy or that ton hanks' wife was whatshername

agree though, i love the whos who of each episode. matthew goode, too!

tribpot Mon 23-Nov-15 17:11:55

Funny MJF scene last night where he says "I'd offer to pour you a glass of wine but .. "

Clayhead Mon 23-Nov-15 21:00:45

I love him so much, he's fab in The Good Wife, funny, charming and soooo bad grin

SheHasAWildHeart Tue 24-Nov-15 10:09:03

This is already better than last series. The whole Alicia getting politics was messy, this I am enjoying more.

tribpot Tue 24-Nov-15 10:18:01

Yes, back to law as the main focus. Although I suspect there is still more to come about the story of Alicia's election.

SheHasAWildHeart Tue 24-Nov-15 11:25:28

Yeah, sadly I suspect that too hence the obsession with the 'dodgy' voting machines.
I want them to give Cary a proper storyline, instead of arguing with Howard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now