Talk

Advanced search

Irish Bake Off... new judge Lilly awful!

(3 Posts)
Bovnydazzler Tue 17-Nov-15 21:52:37

I loved the Great British Bake Off, so now watching the Irish bake off to get through the long winter evenings...

I watched it last year and rather liked Judge Biddy. Her replacement this year is awful! Soulless, dull, awkward on camera. Her technical challenge of the coffee cake was boring. She doesn't seem to add much to the discussions. Anyone else agree or are others warming to her??

Moln Tue 17-Nov-15 22:00:16

I've given up with it. Watch two; the standard is so so SO poor it's embarrassing.

In the second one two things made me decide to not bother, the contestant who got 'ill' because something went wrong for her and also because of Lily.

That fecking layered coffee cake of hers, when it was cut and the slice came out with its incredible uneven layers and then they warbled on about how wonderful it was. The layers were all totally different sizes, every single one. I don't even think each layer was even level.

So in a nutshell, no I'm not warming to her.

Bovnydazzler Wed 18-Nov-15 11:11:41

I agree the standard seems so low, I know it's only the first couple of weeks in but I don't want to watch baking of cakes that look like they can be made in anyone's kitchen!
I like how even Paul couldn't muster much enthusiasm for Lily's technical challenge 'coffee cakes aren't really my thing...'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now