Talk

Advanced search

Nigella...

(16 Posts)
CakeNinja Mon 16-Nov-15 20:43:38

What is it with her disposable baking trays? It's not like she'll be doing the washing up grin

chachaboom Mon 16-Nov-15 20:59:18

I thought that! I'm still in awe at that see through toaster. I'll have to wait until Hinari do one, I couldn't possibly buy a £150 toaster on principle.

AppleYumYum Mon 16-Nov-15 21:03:08

I know, I was thinking the same thing, surely she has some Nigella brand baking trays to show off?

Did she "nubbly yumminess" about that rice bowl?!

TheComforter Mon 16-Nov-15 21:06:10

See through toaster sounds incredible. Link, anyone?

LBOCS2 Mon 16-Nov-15 21:13:40

I was mainly just impressed that she quoted Pratchett smile

CakeNinja Mon 16-Nov-15 21:13:44

She lives in her own world but I'm quite fond of her all the same!
The way she just tears into her food like a starved shark upon discovering seals is hilarious! She's all serene and smiley about her creation and then BAM. She's in attack mode grin

NoelHeadbands Mon 16-Nov-15 21:23:18

Love her, but I do they're trying just a bit too hard now to shoehorn the 'pink and green' thing in everywhere.

I half expected her to say "...and with my short grain brown rice, sprinkled with coriander I always like to add a spoonful of strawberry jam..." but no, she went with radishes.

Bunbaker Mon 16-Nov-15 22:50:46

That rice mixture sounded nice. I would eat it and enjoy it.

CakeNinja Tue 17-Nov-15 09:22:49

Pink and green should never be seen.
Actually, I haven't noticed the attempt to push it as a theme, but I will keep my eyes peeled from now on.

FawnDrench Tue 17-Nov-15 18:55:17

See-through toasters - well there's cheapie and not so cheapie

I did like her squid recipe, but I'm not sure about the inclusion of a "forest of dill" as it seems a tad vulgar to have that much in one dish doesn't it?

NoelHeadbands Mon 23-Nov-15 20:34:05

Pink and green, you watch ....

Donge13 Mon 23-Nov-15 20:39:35

Dp has walked to the shop in the rain,rather than watch tonight's episode. I think I should LTB grin

CakeNinja Tue 08-Dec-15 22:36:11

Just watching last nights offering.
Things that wind me up this week...
The sprinkling. Sprinkles everything from a bowl into the pan. Everyone else just pours. Not nige, never one to miss out on the opportunity to sprinkle!
The odd smiling. When stirring, when chopping, when grating.
The chopping skills fshock - my 10 year old handles a knife better than that, how does she have her own cooking show with such clumsy knife work??
As you were...

DickDewy Tue 08-Dec-15 23:28:03

My DH keeps going on about how cack handed she is.

I agree about all the smiling in not traditionally smile inducing activities - she looks a bit unhinged.

Last week's sitting on the stairs grinning into her licorice case (because we all have one of those) was just daft.

FawnDrench Wed 09-Dec-15 18:52:17

Talking of chopping - what about the leopard-skin (or whatever animal it was) paring knife she was using to chop stuff with last night.
Think she used it to chop the chillies rather painstakingly to tumble/pop into the "pixie" saucepan.
Don't remember seeing it before and could hardly believe my eyes!

Get over yourself Nigella fgs.

CakeNinja Wed 09-Dec-15 19:06:20

Yes that was the knife I was thinking of when I referred to her clumsy chopping. Ridiculous.
How does she call herself a chef? Or does she?
Either way, jazzy knives, haphazard cutting, endless dreamy smiles, liquorice boxes (would love one of these!), fake Polaroids and sitting on the stairs ffs, she's totally bonkers isn't she?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now