Talk

Advanced search

Home and Away thread

(24 Posts)
TimonAndPumbaa Mon 09-Nov-15 22:42:50

Anyone who wants to chat about H&A welcome smile

I thought Phoebe's doctor had a shit bedside manner today. Let her go on about how she'd have to buy two of everything etc without saying anything then when phoebe asked why she hadn't heard the other twin's heartbeat before said "well sometimes with twins their heartbeats are in sync" (or words to that effect) then "but not in your case. In your case we didn't hear it because it's dead" shock

And poor old Denny. Why couldn't they just let her have a nice happy ending?sad

AGnu Tue 10-Nov-15 01:08:50

YY, the doctor was dreadful!

What other storylines are happening atm? I'm on Aussie-time so I'm racking my brains trying to remember what else was happening around then - don't want to give away any major plot twists!

TimonAndPumbaa Tue 10-Nov-15 07:20:55

Hi AGnu! Thanks for joining me grin.

Well Evelyn has just started seeing Tank, Kat has just thrown a drink at Ricky and Marilyn is unconscious in hospital after being electrocuted ar the diner sad.

Nataleejah Tue 10-Nov-15 16:10:06

I used to love it in my teens now i just find it ridiculous. Storylines repeating, and 30yo's playing schoolchildren. And everybody swapping their sex partners door to door in Summer Bay.
Still watching it sometimes.

IthoughtATMwasacashpoint Wed 11-Nov-15 17:51:58

Not liking Charlotte much does she have no control over either herself or her nasty piece of work of a son. Can't believe she let him get away with setting fire to Leah's housed covered up everything he's done since

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 11-Nov-15 17:54:22

What is with Nate and the guyliner?

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 11-Nov-15 17:56:29

Oh yes, I meant to say Hi, signing in etc, I love home and Away, it's shitNess makes me laugh.
I am suprised no one has fallen down a storm drain recently, that seems to be a favourite repeated storyline.

TimonAndPumbaa Wed 11-Nov-15 20:00:16

Haha, hi and welcome IHaveBrilloHair and Ithought.

Yes I've always wondered whether Naye wears eyeliner! And when were those photos taken that Ricky had on her laptop?! Can't remember him ever having that beard. He is rather beautiful but such a weak man! He just can't say no to people and always ends up in relationships he doesn't want to be in because he just can't man up and say no, I don't want to be with you!!

Yes Ithought, Charlotte is horrible isn't she. She says she loves Zac and then buries his niece in the forest!

I tell you what really annoys me about H&A is how quickly people recover after illnesses and operations. Kat up walking round a few days after being shot and nearly dying. Ash and Kyle putting up a cot, working etc after kidney transplant. And don't get me started on the maddie cancer storyline!

TimonAndPumbaa Wed 11-Nov-15 20:03:16

Hi Nateelajah too. Haha yes it can be pretty ridiculous at times but that's part of why I love it! grin

Hoviscats Wed 11-Nov-15 20:07:09

I have found my home! I bloody love H&A despite the fact I know it is rubbish really. No one in RL shares my enthusiasm! grin

Hoviscats Wed 11-Nov-15 20:08:30

Posted too early....

Totally agree about ridiculous speedy recoveries. Plus isn't Phoebe only about 5 mins pregnant? Why the rush for the cot?!

Charlotte also makes a rubbish murderer...

Redskyatnight01 Thu 12-Nov-15 15:35:54

OMG- I LOVE H&A, literally look forward to 6pm every evening!

I can't believe they killed off Denny, I actually didn't see that coming!

Also, how ridiculous is it that Kat and Nate are back together?! He didn't like her/ wasn't in to her/ in love with someone else, he finally got rid of her and then goes back to her?!

Maralyn losing her memory was very obvious :yawn: That'll go on for months! :double yawn:

Why is it that everyone in H&A looks like a supermodel?!

I hate Charlotte, but love her hair!!

Debbriana1 Fri 13-Nov-15 21:34:51

Am glad I found this. I love h&w. It's the only soap I watch.

Danny dying was the biggest shock for me. I hope they don't ruin the storyline because it's got good potential.

The basics of home and way is that every new person is a potential psycho.
They can exchange partners and have little fight, very one move on to the next one. Phoebe is a prime example and Danny's sitter.

ChoccyJules Sat 14-Nov-15 11:47:30

Hurray, also pleased to have found likeminded peeps!

I remember when VJ was diagnosed deaf and went to America for a 'bionic ear'. Came back totally fixed. No speech processor for what was presumably a cochlear implant, no learning to listen, none of that. No mention of it now.

I was cross cos I saw somewhere on social media about Denny the day before it was shown here. Big surprise but really annoying to have read it was coming!

I've watched it since day one blush Anyone else?!

I love the 'huge day bag to hide a real life baby bump' tactic, like Leah has done twice and more recently Marilyn. Always so obvious!

TimonAndPumbaa Sat 14-Nov-15 12:43:51

Denny dying was a big shock to me too and I was a bit gutted if I'm honest, I liked her character, why couldn't the writers have given her a nice, happy send off where she goes to Europe to live out her and Casey's dreams sad.

choccy I bet you were annoyed about seeing the spoiler before it happened.

I haven't watched it since day one, what year did it start? My nan actually started me watching it when I was around eight I think, she'd have it on and I'd end up watching with her, it was on itv back then. It was the ailsa & alf/shane & angel/bobby and her son (can't remember his name, was it sam?) era. I love watching the old episodes on five star over the summer and christmas breaks.

I did have a break in between from the age of about 18 to 21 and then I met my dh and he was a massive h&a fan too so got me back into it! Haha.

I did think that Marilyn was pregnant but then her stomach looked flat when she was lying in the bed! I wonder if she's had the baby now. Her big floaty tent dresses and careful handbag placeage have been hilarious!

I can't remember about vj's ear, must have been when I was on a 'break' lol. How stupid bit typical of the writers!

ChoccyJules Sat 14-Nov-15 13:28:23

Yes I saw on Twitter when the actress had her baby. I am that sad ;-)

Not sure when it started (am sure google knows) but there was a pilot episode where Tom and Pippa came to the caravan park with their group of foster kids. Initially it was all about their family and the children, with a few side characters like Alf, Ailsa and Fisher.

ChoccyJules Wed 18-Nov-15 23:28:50

Ooh scary ghost!!

Nataleejah Fri 20-Nov-15 11:08:22

Somebody losing memory is a must have in every soap.

And that Tank is really hot!

TimonAndPumbaa Tue 24-Nov-15 20:47:13

Do you think so Nataleejah? I think tank is minging grin. Are we allowing spoilers on this thread because I have a little one regarding the josh/evie/tank saga but I don't want to spoil it for anyone of people prefer not to know.

choccy, I follow h&a on instagram so I will join you in being a saddo grin.

Jetcatisback Tue 24-Nov-15 21:46:51

I'm more of a lurker - but I adore Home and Away, have watched it right from the start - 88 or 89 I think. Marilyn is my absolute favourite, always has been, even way back with Lance and Martin grin

Timon, I'm ok with spoilers smile

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 24-Nov-15 21:49:03

I'm fine with spoilers.
I did enjoy Tank and Evie keeping their relationship secret by snogging in a small town.

CadenceRoastingByAnOpenFire Wed 25-Nov-15 17:56:54

It's the op here, using my Christmas name fsmile.

Well I don't know the exact details but Tank does something to put Evie at risk and Josh intervenes to save her and ends up losing his sight sad.

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 25-Nov-15 18:04:09

Will he be blind for a week and then miraculously his sight comes back?

CadenceRoastingByAnOpenFire Wed 25-Nov-15 18:37:03

Haha yes probably knowing home & away!!

Jetcat Marilyn is my fave too, she's such a sweetheart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now