Talk

Advanced search

what drew you to the big band theory ?

(43 Posts)
Debbriana1 Mon 09-Nov-15 16:09:57

What drew me to the show was raj and Howard on their episode of the lost boys. Series eight was week because the attention was more on Leonard, penny and Sheldon even though that's when Howard's mum died. To be honest they are not the funniest. I love sheldon though.

Debbriana1 Mon 09-Nov-15 16:11:53

Oh, Crap? first time ever starting a thread and I get the word bang wrong. Great!

OldBeanbagz Mon 09-Nov-15 16:14:21

My DS is a young version of Sheldon!

kelda Mon 09-Nov-15 16:15:32

My brother was watching it. I was drawn in by the ex-Rosanne/Blossom actors!

SleepyForest Mon 09-Nov-15 16:15:58

I am married to a nicer version of Sheldon and have another two as children.

Debbriana1 Mon 09-Nov-15 16:21:12

For me I find it better that friends. It's wittier too.

BackforGood Mon 09-Nov-15 16:25:36

dh was watching it (he's a Scientist at a university and they'd been talking about it there). Just watched and found it hilarious - but - as with the best comedy programmes - touching, too. smile
It's about the only programme in our house that all 5 of us watch.

BrandNewAndImproved Mon 09-Nov-15 16:26:40

I don't like Howard and the Indian jokes raj and the rest crack make me cringe. The episodes that feature Howard the most are the ones I don't watch.

I love penny and Sheldons relationship. She really annoys him but he allows her to get closer to him then anyone. I also like Leonard and when Amy was first brought on it was hilarious.

Howard could just disappear and I wouldn't miss him.

Debbriana1 Mon 09-Nov-15 16:27:49

@ backforgood I love it because it's not rude or overtly rude. I ove the song too.

Debbriana1 Mon 09-Nov-15 16:32:37

@brandnewandimproved, No way, Howard to stay, I would miss his cheesy one liners. They absolutely crack me up. It makes me wonder of who uses it in real life. I thought the producers where over doing the penny thing and Leonard thing but it's good if people are out there who love it.

NewLife4Me Mon 09-Nov-15 16:33:07

I was expecting a bit of this
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAQgXPTekOU

nf1morethanjustlumpsandbumps Mon 09-Nov-15 16:33:11

By mistake. It was on TV and I couldn't be bothered looking for the remote grin. Love it now however! Have developed rather a crush on Sheldon though blush.

Debbriana1 Mon 09-Nov-15 16:37:08

Sleepy frost, hopefully it's not too cold where you are. How do you cope? I love sheldon but he absolutely drives me nuts. I think that is why I love him even more.

What amazed me though was the fact that the actor Jim parson has never watched Star Wars. Only if sheldon knew.

BanningTheWordNaice Mon 09-Nov-15 16:37:18

I lived in uni halls with a bunch of astrophysicists. Who all wore science joke t-shirts. They were pretty good friends of mine but it did feel at times like BBT was a documentary of my life even if I don't particularly identify with any of the girls.

Debbriana1 Mon 09-Nov-15 16:39:25

@Banning did you always have one who thought they were better than the rest?

DepthFirstSearch Mon 09-Nov-15 16:40:37

I'm a computer programmer, that really says it all grin

Debbriana1 Mon 09-Nov-15 16:57:21

I hope you don't look for scientific ways of solving mundane problems instead common sense. Spoiler alert. Like series 9 episode 3. I was speechless.

MuddhaOfSuburbia Mon 09-Nov-15 16:59:51

My kids would watch 24/7 if they could-they suckered me in

I LOVE the girls

LookAtMeGo Mon 09-Nov-15 17:30:20

It's getting weak though. Sheldon and Amy are unrecognisable from how they were initially and I think it's lost it's way a bit.

LookAtMeGo Mon 09-Nov-15 17:30:55

We watch the new series hardly cracking a smile.

Raj is my favourite character.

SheldonCoopersMa Mon 09-Nov-15 17:40:33

DS reminds me of Sheldon. We all watched the whole lot as a family a couple of years ago. Not so keen on recent series though.

Best bit EVER The Tiara

Debbriana1 Mon 09-Nov-15 21:30:04

Yes, i do remember the tiara bit too. grin

Debbriana1 Mon 09-Nov-15 21:31:47

I think I have confused Star Wars with Star Trek. It's the one with captain Spock.

gingerboy1912 Sun 15-Nov-15 21:50:10

We all love Bbt in this house, Sheldon and Raj are my favourite characters, the episode with them arguing over sharing an office and Raj getting a desk is one of my favourites, as is Shelton's parking spot episode.

Rummikub Sun 15-Nov-15 22:47:05

I think I started half way through series 1 and was hooked. Love Howard and Bernie. They've really grown on me.

My favourite episode is when penny gives Sheldon Leonard nimoy's DNA grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now