Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eastenders - Stacey's scan...

(9 Posts)
LynetteScavo Fri 30-Oct-15 20:24:14

Do they really not tell you the sex in the East End?

It was like this in Coventry when I had DC1 16 years ago and I DC2 12 years ago (but then they didn't even offer 20 week scans in Coventry) but thought things had changed.

Have put in Telly Addicts, as I'm only asking for flippant reasons, not serious antenatal ones.

Relatives in the US knew the sex at 13 weeks, so surprised they won't tell Stacey.

lightgreenglass Fri 30-Oct-15 20:27:12

In some areas they won't tell you the sex of the baby. It's generally areas where there are communities who openly prefer boys over girls.

Muddlewitch Fri 30-Oct-15 20:27:22

I think it was because it was in A and E so not a 'normal' antenatal scan. EE is too dark for me tonight, I can't see anything!

Sirzy Fri 30-Oct-15 20:29:11

I think it depends on the area.

In some cases it has been known for people to try to abort when a baby is the wrong sex so in areas where that is the case it is often a blanket policy not to reveal the sex.

The80sweregreat Fri 30-Oct-15 21:16:03

Dont know, i had to drink a pint and half of water before a scan. I wouldnt hve asked as needed the ladies by the time she had finished my scans
! All different now of course"

bsmirched Fri 30-Oct-15 23:11:41

They don't tell you in Shropshire - or Shrewsbury anyway - because they want you to fork out £50 for a sexing scan!

umiaisha Fri 30-Oct-15 23:21:30

Quite a few London hospitals won't.

NoahVale Fri 30-Oct-15 23:23:33

they didnt in north west london

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Fri 30-Oct-15 23:31:49

I didn't realise this, we get told here in S Wales

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now