loader

Talk

Advanced search

Three Day Nanny

(7 Posts)
StepfauxWife Tue 27-Oct-15 20:46:02

Anyone watching? I'm catching up on catch up and am a bit hmm

tethersend Tue 27-Oct-15 21:41:00

I don't know why I watched it. Everyone on it was awful.

I do wonder how she'll feel once she has a baby- whether she'll stick by some of the terrible advice she's given parents.

JeffyJeffington Tue 27-Oct-15 22:20:46

She's had it and has admitted she struggled www.itv.com/thismorning/hot-topics/kathryn-mewes-nanny-who-struggled-with-her-newborn

JeffyJeffington Tue 27-Oct-15 22:25:27

I quite like her blush but that wasn't a great episode.

GruntledOne Wed 28-Oct-15 09:59:42

One of the many things that irritates me about this programme is the artificiality of the three day thing. It means that, for instance, if a child is used to co-sleeping they have to go cold turkey and be left crying themselves into hysteria alone in their bedroom until they give in out of sheer exhaustion. The reality is that no caring parent would do that to their child, they would use a slower and less traumatic process. And we never seem to hear about whether these techniques actually work in the long term.

DearTeddyRobinson Wed 28-Oct-15 10:17:17

I thought it was totally unfair to expect the family to go to IKEA and not have a row, er isn't that par for the course at ikea??
I did say to myself I bet she bloody cringes at some of her 'advice' once she has her own baby

Pud2 Sat 31-Oct-15 17:50:51

This couple clearly have a lot of issues and it will take more than 3 days to sort. The experience may have at least helped them to take a look at their lives and think about what is really important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now